Social distancing is good for public health, but bad for businesses as more customers continue to stay at home. Many business owners are concerned that the impact of COVID-19 will be deeper and longer lasting than anticipated. Because of this, businesses across the countries are looking for ways to keep their customers during the coronavirus closure.
Because of covid-19, there is an increase in digital marketing opportunities as large numbers of viewers and business audiences have been forced to be more digital-oriented than ever before.
Opportunity of digital marketing in covid-19-
1.Businesses must have an Internet presence.
2.Consumers spend more time than ever online.
Businesses are disabled, and missing out on the elements of marketing strategies, traditional marketing features such as corporate events & face-to-face sales are no longer available to them. It can be tempting at this difficult economic time to cut down on marketing strategies.
Consumer communication is not something that can be turned on and off. Maintaining communication should be a continuous effort. This is not the time to wait for the coronavirus to stop and then resume marketing campaigns.
So the question arises: how should you keep in touch with your customers?
Digital marketing helps in developing and maintaining a high-quality marketing plan which is a great way to find and grow lasting relationships with your customer base.
More people are online for a long time than ever because of the isolation. While the demand for search has decreased, web platforms and social media have seen an increase in number of site visits and time spent online.
Now is the time to reach more people with digital marketing during the lockdown as people are spending more time online ! A receptive, captive audience awaits you online.
- Updating and making your digital advertising presence as effective as possible is important now. In the last few weeks, there has been a huge surge in companies looking to update their digital presence and that's it. Whether you've been on social media for years, or don't even have a Facebook page, whether you have a brand new website, or one that looks old, whether you often reach consumers with a booklet, or don't even know what Mailchimp is, now is the time to check your digital marketing presence and soaking it up to be as effective as possible.
- Remember that this is a time of empathy. While COVID-19 provides a great opportunity for you to get involved in digital marketing right now, make sure you don't pay attention to creating a pandemic. You have to sell, to make an economic profit online so it minimizes the financial loss that you will have to pay for a personal loss. However, careful use of the words should be used to make it look like you are not using the disease, its appearance can damage your brand in the eyes of the consumer.
- During the outbreak, maintaining brand loyalty through social ads should be prioritized over any sales promotion, product-driven communications, and awareness-building efforts ", While there may be roadblocks for market researchers and advertisers who need fieldwork, they should not have a major impact on online media planning and purchasing, PR or social media monitoring. Physical advertisements will suffer for obvious reasons, however branding your product or services through content marketing digitally will continue in the long run.
- This doesn't have to be a big, easy thing like writing a few blog posts about the safety measures your employees take to ensure good customer care goes a long way.
- Reaching the community by helping health workers can have a positive impact on your brand's reputation. Participate in charitable events by matching donations or donating items to those in need now, getting your community involved on social media helps strengthen your bond with consumers.
- Health care workers around the world have put in long hours, working to combat the COVID-19 outbreak. As a way of thanking them for their work, brands have promised to offer them products in an effort to make longer shifts a little easier.
Here is the truth, many businesses will fight back and may have to close at the moment. Your competition will decrease sharply due to the closure or installation of the supply chain. Many companies will go out of business and your customers will look for alternatives that can offer great value and meet their needs and desires. That means a few competitors in your market.
Your customers, due to the need and change in buying habits, will use search engines more than ever to find these alternatives.
Your company will have the opportunity once-in-a-lifetime to prove to you that such a large portion of your market can be completely seized. To get their business done with this, your company will need to be in the right place at the right time, your investment will now determine if you qualify for disclosure to customers when they need your services.
Organic search will be the primary driver of sales, before COVID-19 search engines make up 89% of all purchase decisions.