Company Secretary is one of the great courses if you have a great interest in being one. Company Secretary is a 3-year course with three levels of the programme. If you are a person who is very much interested in corporate law then it's a great career option for you. In this article, we will discuss about the CS Different levels of exams.
CS is a perfect course which gives you practical training and ample of corporate exposure. Students should be very determined and hardworking to get through all the three courses.
Let's understand each level of the CS programme one by one.
We know that there are three levels to pass CS examination:
- CS Foundation
- CS Executive
- CS Professional
Any student who has cleared (10+2) or equivalent is eligible to give the CS foundation examination.
The foundation exam is held twice a year, during December and June and it's an eight months programme.
CS Syllabus for Foundation :
CS Foundation has 4 papers which are as follows
- Business Environment and Entrepreneurship
- Business Management, ethics, and communication
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
The syllabus keeps changing. It is an objective type of paper with 50 question for 90 minutes for each paper. There is no negative markings.
2. Executive Programme
Any student who has cleared a graduation or post-graduation degree is eligible for giving an executive program with direct entry.
It is a nine-month month programme that is held twice a year during June and December.
CS Syllabus for Executive :
This programme is divided into 2 modules 4 subjects in the first module and remaining 4 the second module.
- Paper 1:Jurisprudence, Interpretation and General Laws
- Paper 2:Company Law
- Paper 3:Setting up of Business Entities and Closure
- Paper 4:Tax laws
- Paper 5:Corporate Management and Management Accounting
- Paper 6: Securities Law and Capital Markets
- Paper 7:Economic, Business and Commercial Laws
- Paper 8:Financial and Strategic Management
3. CS Professional
This is one of the final stages of your CS course and can only be appeared if you have cleared the Executive. There are in total 3 modules with 3 subjects in each module.
- Paper 1: Governance, Risk Management, Compliances and Ethics
- Paper 2: Advanced Tax laws
- Paper 3: Drafting, Pleadings, and Appearances
- Paper 4: Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management, and Due Diligence
- Paper 5: Corporate Reconstructing, Insolvency, Liquidation, and Winding-up
- Paper 6: Resolution of Corporate Disputes, Non- Compliances, and Remedies
- Paper 7: Corporate Funding and Listing in Stock Exchanges
- Paper 8: Multidisciplinary Case Studies
- Paper 9: Elective 1 out of below 8 subjects
- Banking- Law and Practice
- Insurance- Law and Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights- Laws and Practice
- Forensic Audit
- Direct Tax Laws and Practice
- Labour Laws and Practice
- valuations and Business Modelling
- Insolvency- Law, and Practice
These are the syllabus for CS Different levels of exams. This is the latest syllabus of CS as per 2020 but the syllabus keeps changing so stay updated. If you have a great determination to succeed you will surely pass in this examination. Good luck!