Today we are going to know about the important education tips of how to become a ticket collector in Railway and what needs to be done to become a TC, what are the education and eligibility criteria, which courses have to be done etc. So let's know in detail about the whole process.
What is the duty of TC in Railway?
TC’s Full Form is a Ticket Collector. One person is deployed for the convenience of the passenger traveling by Indian Railways who checks the ticket of all the passengers and tells them about their exact seat and reservation.
Essential Qualifications to become TC in Railway
If you want to become a TC / Ticket collector in Railways, then you must have the following necessary qualifications.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India to become a TC.
- Candidate must be at least 12th class pass in any subject with at least 50% marks.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years and maximum age should be up to 30 years. As per the rules of the Government of India, a few years' exemption has been given for scheduled castes, tribes.
- Diploma and degree holders can also apply for this job.
How to Apply for Railway Ticket Collector
For the application, it is necessary to keep visiting the official website of Railway Recruitment Board http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/
Notifications of the application are first put on these websites. You can also learn about the vacancy from a newspaper called Employment News. For appearing in the examination, the applicant is required to submit the examination fee along with the application. However, people of the reserved category are not required to pay any fees for this. The application is received from the website, which has to be filled and sent to the Railway Recruitment Board of your area. Pay attention to the following points.
- First of all, go to the official website of RRB and register for your application by clicking on the "Apply now" button.
- Here, you have to fill your name, your father's name, date of birth, email, mobile number etc. With the help of RRB online registration, you get your registration number.
- After this, you have to provide your registration number and secret code for login. Keep in mind that you get these passwords on your given mobile phone or email.
- After this, on a web page, you get the forms for all the posts under the vacancy. Click on the post for which you want to apply and fill the form on the screen with the necessary information.
- After this you need to pay. You can also make the payment using either debit card or net banking. After payment, you need to log in again with the help of the Candidate Login menu.
- After this, you need to upload your passport size photo and digital signature in the required format and size.
- While applying, you need to select a center for the examination. You can choose the examination center at your convenience.
Railway Ticket Collector Exam Pattern
The examination of Ticket Collector in Railways is divided into 3 parts -
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
Your medical test will be done after passing the written exam, after that you will have a final interview. If you pass the written test, medical test and interview, then you will be trained for a few days, after that you will be appointed as a ticket collector. 150 questions are asked in the written examination of TTE in which questions related to General English, Maths, General Knowledge, Mathematical Reasoning, Comprehensive English, and Current Affairs.
Railway Ticket Collector Salary and Facilities
If you are selected for TC in Railway, and your job starts on a salary basis then you will get the following facilities and salary.
- The grade pay of the ticket collector is Rs 4,600. Also, its pay scale is from Rs 9,300 to Rs 34,800. Apart from the monthly salary, additional DA is also received.
- Employees also get all the necessary medical facilities for their families and their railway travel fare either gets free or concession is obtained.
Hope this informative guide on how to become a ticket collector in Railway was helpful. Best of Luck!