The ESE exam is held once a year around the month of January. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) with the motive of providing various job opportunities in the field of civil, mechanical, electrical and electronics & telecommunications engineering. The registration process for the ese exam 2021 will start this year by the month of September or October. It is important that candidates fill the ese application form properly to avoid any mistake in their admit card.
Before registering for the ese exam, one should know the prerequisites like the eligibility details, the documents required, the registration dates, the last date to submit the form, etc. The UPSC releases official notification for the same each year on their online portal. Candidates should keep a check on the online portal for the same.
In this article, we will discuss how to fill the online application form for ese exam:
There are total of four steps to fill the form i.e. Registration, Choosing the exam center, uploading the required documents and paying the application fees.
- Candidates are supposed to first visit the official website of the UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- On the home page, there will be an Examination tab under which the candidates need to click on the “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”.
- Click on the link for “IES part 1- registration”.
- If the candidate is a new user, they need to click on the “new users” tab for one-time registration process. On the other hand, if the candidate is already registered, they can apply directly by clicking on the link.
- Candidates will be redirected to the Instructions page where they have to read the entire page and understand properly to avoid any mistakes. After reading that, click on yes.
- The candidates will be then redirected to the main registration page.
- On this page, the candidates have to fill their names, parent’s names, Date of birth, Gender, Nationality, Email Address, Mobile Number, Academic Details and password.
Paying Application fees:
- Candidates have to pay the application fees via online or offline mode.
- Online mode- SBI Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Offline mode- Bank Challan of Rs 200 should be deposited at the State bank of India.
- Note that, candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PH/Female are exempted from the payment of the fees.
Choosing the Exam Center:
- Candidates need to select the nearest exam center from the drop list provided.
- Candidates have the option of choosing only one exam center in the ese application form.
Uploading the Photograph, Signature and Photo ID Proof:
- This is the last step where the candidates need to upload their scanned photograph, scanned signature and Photo ID proof.
- All of these should be submitted according to the guidelines of the UPSC.
- Both the photograph and signature should be scanned and should be uploaded in a JPG format.
- The size of the photograph should be within 20 kb to 300 kb and the pixel size should be 350x350 to 1000x1000.
- The size of the signature should be within 20 kb to 300kb and the pixel size should be 350x350 to 1000x1000.
- The size of the photo ID proof should be within 20 kb to 300 kb and it should be uploaded in a PDF format.
- Candidates should enter their names according to their 10th and 12th standard’s passing certificate.
- Certificate of Nationality should be uploaded in case the candidate does not belong to India.
- The candidate should submit an active email id and contact number.
- The academic details should be entered correctly i.e. correct 10th, 12th and B.Tech marks.
- In case any of the documents submitted are not proper, the application of the candidate is liable for rejection.
The ese application form should be filled in correctly by the candidates. Before submitting the form make sure to review the entire information again to avoid any mistakes. Note that, candidates who clear the prelims exam are only eligible to apply for the mains exam. The application for the mains exam is the same as the prelims exam except the candidates have to pay the application fees and upload their photograph and signature again.