CTET 2020 paper 1 and paper 2 examinations will be held on 5th July 2020 as per the recent notification released by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). So to get good results this is the right time to start preparing for a CTET exam now. This article will guide you about the complete CTET Exam Preparation strategy (Central Teachers Eligibility Test) along with the exam pattern of, the books required for its preparation, the cut-off, the subjects from which the questions will be asked etc.
So let's first start by understanding the pattern of the exam.
Exam Pattern of CTET 2020
- The exam is separated into two papers, first paper (CTET Paper 1) tests the candidate’s ability to teach from first to fifth grade and the second paper (CTET Paper 2) from sixth to eighth grade. Candidates can appear in only one paper or both.
- 2.30 hours of time will be given to complete the exam. Paper-1 examination will be taken on July 5, 2020 from 9.30 am to 12 noon. Paper-2 examination will be conducted on the same day from 2 pm to 4.30 pm.
- Multiple choice questions will be asked and the mode of the examination is offline. Every question weighs 1 mark each and no negative marking is applicable for any wrong answer. The examination is taken in both Hindi and English languages and it consists of a total of 150 marks from different subjects.
How to Prepare for the CTET Exam 2020?
For CTET exam preparation strategy, candidates should consider the following points:
1. Understand Syllabus and Exam Pattern:
For preparing for any exam you should first understand the syllabus and exam pattern and the same thing applies for CTET 2020. If you want to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern of Paper 1 and Paper 2, take a look further.
Topics for primary school includes questions on - Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Environmental Studies.
On the other hand, for upper primary level- questions will be asked based on topics on Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics and Sciences or Social Sciences.
2. Know About Important Topics Through Previous Year Papers:
After understanding the syllabus and exam pattern, the candidates should analyze the 5 to 10 years’ previous question papers. By analyzing, the candidates will easily understand which topics are most important for the CTET Exam Preparation 2020 exam in the entire syllabus. For better preparation in less time, candidates should pay more attention to these topics.
3. Read NCF, National Focus Group Position Papers and NCERT Textbooks well:
NCERT books are very important for better preparation of CTET 2020 and it is also mentioned in CTET syllabus. Apart from the NCERT books, National Curriculum Framework and National Focus Group Position Papers are also very important. You will find the PDF of NCERT books easily on the official NCERT website i.e. ncert.nic.in.
4. Solve mock tests daily and then analyze:
For the preparation of CTET 2020, you must solve at least one mock test every day and analyze them after solving. Try to know your weaknesses through analysis and try to give more attention to your weak points as soon as possible.
5. Do not read too many new topics:
When there is not much time left for preparation, then you should avoid reading new topics, rather pay more attention to revision of what you have read so far. But sometimes we get such topics which are very important for exam preparation and we cannot ignore them. For the preparation of such topics, you can take the help of Online Video Tutorials.
6. Take care of time:
Take special care of time during the exam. Do not spend extra time on any question. Solve the easiest questions first and then move to the toughest questions. Leave the most difficult question for last. This will help you boost your CTET Exam Preparation Strategy.
7. Keep your mind cool during the exam:
Do not let any kind of panic come during the exam. Solve the exam with a cool mind and there is no need to panic with any question. Answer carefully and with time and do not rush to solve any question.
So these are some of the most important preparation strategy for CTET Exam 2020, with the help of which you can prepare for this exam better in less time. There is no negative marking in the CTET 2020 examinations, so do not make the mistake of leaving any question in the exam. First solve the questions that you know well, then go for the questions in which you have doubts, but ultimately try to answer every question.