The Public Education Department of the Karnataka Government is organizing Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) to fill the positions of primary and senior teachers. The KARTET 2020 exam was scheduled to take place on April 11, 2020, but it was canceled due to the spread of the Noval Coronavirus. However, the new dates for KARTET 2020 will soon be announced on it's official website i.e. schooleducation.kar.nic.in.
Karnataka TET 2020 will be held in two phases; one for a primary school teacher (CLASS 1-5) and the other for upper primary teachers (CLASS 6-8). Candidates looking for a teaching job in Karnataka board can apply for KARTET 2020 exam (Karnataka TET) before the last date. It is important for all aspirants to know the date of the exam, eligibility criteria for the application, and application process to apply for the Karnataka TET. Read this article to get all the necessary information about the exam.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for KARTET 2020 Exam:
Applicants who want to appear for KARTET exam online must meet the following requirements given below.
For primary teacher:
- Students who scored PUC / senior secondary (or equivalent) with at least 50% marks and have completed or in the final year of a 2-year diploma course.
- PUC / Intermediate (or equivalent) with a score of at least 50% and in the final year or completed a 4 year of B.El.Ed.
- Applicants with senior secondary education (or equivalent) with 50% marks and completed or in the final year of a 2-year diploma in education.
- A graduate who has scored at least 50% marks and completed or appeared in the last year of a 2-year diploma in elementary education
For secondary school teachers:
- A graduate who has scored at least 50% and completed or appeared in the last year of a 2-year diploma in elementary education.
- A graduate with at least 50% marks and completed or in the last year of B.Ed.
- Candidates who scored 50% in PUC / Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and completed or in the last year of B.Sc. Ed / B.A.Ed.
Note: Students who fall into categories such as ST / SC / C-I / and handicapped are allowed up to 5% relaxation in the education qualification.
Karnataka TET 2020: Exam Fee:
Below are the details of the application fees for the examination that the candidates need to pay to meet the requirements of Karnataka TET:
For general, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates
- Paper 1: 700 Rs/-
- Paper 2: 700 Rs/-
- For both Paper 1 and 2: 1000 RS/ -
For reserved category candidates
- Paper 1: Rs.350
- Paper 2: Rs.350
- Paper 1 and Paper 2: Rs.500
For different working candidates: no fee
How to Apply for the KARTET 2020 Exam?
Follow the steps below to apply for KARTET 2020.
- Go to the official website i.e. schooleducation.kar.in
- Register yourself for the exam by opening the link registration link.
- Complete the registration by entering OTP using the Aadhar Card or phone number.
- Fill out the KARTET Online application form by registering and logging in.
- Upload digitally scanned documents, photos, and signatures.
- Choose one of the payment methods to pay the application fee using Internet banking / Credit cards / Debit cards.
- Once payment has been made, you can download your application using the candidates ’name and password, through the website www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in
- Candidates must keep the downloaded application form for future references.
NOTE: Applicants should take care of the information entered in the application form as KARTET does not allow to edit the information entered by candidates.
KARTET 2020 Exam Result:
The results of the KARTET exam 2020 will be announced on its official website after completion of the paper. We will update the KARTET results on our website after the official notification release. To get the result, applicants need to provide the login credential.
We hope this article has helped you understand the entire application process and the eligibility criteria required to apply for the KARTET exam. Candidates should also constantly keep a check on the official website for more latest information updates of the examination.