CEED exam refers to the Common Entrance Exam Design Test which is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology. In this article we will see all the CEED Exam info that one needs to know. This test only offers post Graduation courses like Masters in Design and PhD courses. This exam happens once a year, the mode of exam is both offline and online and the duration of exam is 3 hours. There were a total of 5491 test takers in 2020 and the number of colleges accepting this test are 11 colleges. There are many IITs included in these colleges.
This test judges you on the basis of your creativity, visualisation, observation , drawing and writing skills. Now, let's look at the CEED Exam eligibility, syllabus, tips to crack the exam, etc.
CEED Exam Eligibility:
Aspirants should have completed their degree / diploma / post graduate degree programme of minimum three years after 10+2 level education or candidates should give the final examination of such a programme by July 2020. Apart from these criteria, candidates are also eligible to take CEED exam if they have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2020.
CEED Exam Paper Pattern:
Here we will see the complete CEED Exam Paper pattern for candidates who wish to give this exam.
It is a computer based exam with two sections , A and B where part A is a computer based test with MCQ whereas part B is the drawing section of the exam.
- CEED Part A exam:
- This section has 61 questions for 100 marks(as per 2020). The duration of this exam is 1 hour.
- This part is divided into 3 subsection:
- NAT(Numerical Ability Test)
- MSQ( Multiple Select Questions)
- MCQ ( Multiple Choice Questions)
- There was no negative marking for NAT in 2020,but the number of questions keeps on changing yearly.
2. CEED Part B exam:
- This section was for 100 marks for the duration of 2 hours. There are in total 5 questions asked in this section.
- This section evaluates the drawing skills of the candidate.
- The mode of this exam is offline. The questions for this exam are displayed on the computer screen and you need to draw on the paper.
- This paper is mostly about drawing, sketching, doodling and creativity.
CEED Exam Syllabus:
- CEED Part A syllabus:
- Folk Music/Dance/ Dresses
- Monuments and Architecture
- Painting band Painter's
- Photography and Film
- Environmental awareness
- Observing figures/ Drawings
- Colour theory
- Conventional Topics like Non Verbal Reasoning, verbal reasoning and quantitative aptitude.
2. CEED Part B syllabus:
- Principal of design
- Proportion and scaling
- Light and Shadow
- Activities like poster making, logo design, representation
CEED Exam tips
It is important that candidates follow a good CEED Exam preparation strategy to crack the exam with ease.
- Plan a proper timetable
Proper planning of a timetable and timing will help you to excel this paper smoothly. Do not skip any day without practicing for this exam. Try to be consistent as it is very important for this exam.
2. Track your time while preparing for this paper
One of the most important CEED Exam tips is to track your time while preparing for the paper. A student's success depends upon completing the paper on time. In order to do this it is essential that a certain amount of time is alloted to each question. If you stick to the allotted timing your paper will complete before time.
3. While preparing for the exam, sketch lightly
While practicing for this examination it is preferable to sketch lightly so that you minimize the time that you are spending on erasing it. Once you are confident about the picture then you can darken it. Try and reduce the use of eraser as much as you can as it can save your lot of time. This will spare a lot of time to focus on aspects like detail and shading.
4. Give preference to details
If you give preferences to details then it gives life to the drawing. The detailing helps people to understand what the applicant wishes to portray from the sketch. Use shading as and when required and ensure to give finishing touches, as it gives a good appearance.
5. Watch your health
Make sure you take proper care of your health and follow a proper diet. Don't take a lot of stress as it will deteriorate your health and make you feel unwell get a proper sleep and give your exam with a fresh mind.
This was the complete CEED Exam Info that one needs to know. I tried to explain the syllabus and pattern in the most simplified way. I hope this information and tips help you in preparing for your CEED exam. Good Luck!