UID refers to the United world institute of design which conducts design entrance exams called UID Aptitude. Here we will cover all the UID Aptitude Test Exam Info that one needs to know of. UID offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses for design.
It is one of the leading design institutes which is situated in Gujarat. The college mainly focuses on personalized training for the students in the field of design. The college provides various courses like fashion designing, lifestyle accessories designing, product designing, textile designing, and interior designing.
UID Aptitude Exam Eligibility:
- For the undergraduate course, the student should appear 12th with at least 50% of aggregate marks from a recognized University or board.
- For the master's course, the student should at least complete a minimum of os/appearing in a bachelor's degree with at least 50% of the aggregate marks from a recognized University or board.
UID Aptitude Test Exam Paper Pattern:
Let's discuss the UID Aptitude Test Exam Paper pattern below.
Students who qualify for all tests are selected for admission to this college.
- The students who want admission in Bachelor in design need to qualify 3 written tests: General IQ test, Critical analysis test, and General Ability Test.
- The students who want admission in Masters in design course need to qualify for 2 written tests: creative Ability test and critical analysis test.
- The total marks for this examination are 100 marks for the duration of two and a half marks.
- The written Test is an MCQ based test, after appearing for the written test the students are eligible for the personal interview and portfolio test for the respective courses.
UID Aptitude Test Exam Syllabus
The important topics of different tests are given below:
- General Ability Test(GAT)
There are four sections in GAT that are: i)Quantitative Ability ii)Communication Ability and English Comprehension iii)Analytical ability and Logical Ability iii) General Knowledge and current affairs.
I) Quantitative Ability:
- Rate of Interest
- Work and Task
- Ratio and Proportion
ii) Communication Ability and Logical Ability:
- Words with corresponding meanings
- Singular Plural
- One word substitutes
- Idioms and phrases
- Correct spellings,
- Comprehend a situation from a given passage etc
iii) General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- These questions are generally based on the current affairs of the country as well as the world. To excel in this section make a habit of reading newspapers daily.
- Indian Polity
- Indian History
- Miscellaneous(Dance, sports, awards)
- COVID 19
- Citizen Amendment Act
- National Register for students
- Article 270
- Environmental Convention
- New acts passed by Parliament
2. Creative Aptitude Test(CAT)
- The CAT exam is judged by the creative and observational skills of the candidate.
- The questions are more in the aspect of innovation and development of a concept and also on the ability to design a given product creatively.
- The syllabus is mainly about Design Theory, Colour Terminology, Inspiration & Design Development, Colour Psychology & Optical Illusions, Elements & Principles Of Design, Mood, Theme & Colour Inter-relationship, etc.
3. Critical Analysis Test:
- Blood Relation
- Family Tree
- Data sufficiency
- Visual reasoning
This was the complete UID Aptitude Test Exam Syllabus that candidates needs to know.
UID Aptitude Test Exam Examtips
For a good preparation you need to follow a successful UID Aptitude test exam preparation strategy to crack the exam in your first attempt.
1. Don't be afraid to try new things
Explore areas that you may not have thought of. These activities enhance your creativity and you might come up with newer ideas.
2. Carry good quality materials
Make sure you carry a good quality of pencils and color. The quality of pencils and colors plays a very important role while sketching and calligraphy.
3. Have a niche in your skills
Master skills like calligraphy or illustration. You never know they might come handy. If you develop these skills a lot of time can be saved during the examination.
4. Practice a lot of past papers.
The more you practice the better you are going to be in your creative skills. By practicing past papers you can get the hold of time and also get confidence.
This was all about UID Aptitude test Exam Info that one needs to know to crack the exam with ease. We hope this article has helped you understand various aspects of the exam. Good luck!