TISS NET entrance exam is an entrance exam conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Here, we will discuss about the complete TISSNET Entrance Exam info that one needs to know.
TISS NET is a national level exam for the master's degree. It offers 53 Masters programs in the various campuses of TISS including Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Guwahati. The conducting body of this exam is TISS Mumbai. The exam is held once a year and the mode of exam is online for the duration of 100 minutes.
The type of questions are MCQ based and the mode of exam is online. The MA course offered by TISS is by far the best course from all the other courses. The registration for TISS NET starts from 18th October 2020 to 30th November 2020.
TISS NET Exam Eligibility:
- Students who have graduated from a recognized university or board are eligible for this exam.
- Candidates pursuing 3-year bachelor’s degree should have passed all the 4 semesters at the time of filling TISSNET application form whereas those pursuing four-year bachelor's degree must have cleared all the subjects up to the sixth semester.
- Shortlisted candidates should produce original certificates and mark sheets on the date of personal interviews. Those who are in the final year of the degree program are required to produce the mark sheets of all previous semesters.
TISS NET Exam Work Experience:
- Students who are applying for MA need to have at least 2 years of work experience in any field.
TISSNET Entrance Exam Paper Pattern:
Let's look at the complete TISSNET Entrance Exam Paper pattern below
- The TISSNET is a computer-based online MCQ test. The time duration of the exam is for 1 hour and 40 mins.
- The paper is for 100 marks and has 3 sections which include English, Mathematics and logical reasoning and General awareness.
- There is no negative marking for this paper and each correct answer is rewarded one mark.
- The weightage for this exam is as follows:
- English- 30%
- Mathematics and logical reasoning- 30%
- General Awareness -40%
TISSNET Entrance Exam Syllabus:
The TISSNET Entrance Exam Syllabus is as follows
The questions will be based on passages and you need to answer the questions from this passage itself. In this section, your reading speed should be maximum. Some of the important topics of this section:
- Reading Comprehension
- Inference based questions
- Foreign words and phrases
- Structure and collocations
- Purpose of passage
- Author's point of view
- The main idea of the passage
2. Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
The questions in the quantitative section are generally from the 10th and 12th Maths syllabus. Some of the important topics are given below:
- Profit and Loss
- Basic Geometry
- Ratio and Proportion
The important topics of Logical Reasoning are as follows:
- Number series
- Alphabet series
- An eye for detail.
- Logical Connectivity
- Linear/Circular/Family Arrangements
- Venn Diagram
3. General Awareness
- Indian Polity
- Indian History
- Miscellaneous(Dance, sports, awards)
- COVID 19
- Citizen Amendment Act
- National Register for students
- Article 270
- Environmental Convention
- New acts passed by Parliament
- Triple Talaq Bill
- Issues concerning elections
- India and Shanghai cooperation Organisation
- Interstate Water Disputes
- International events
- UN bodies
- Major areas in the development of sports, geopolitics, and environmental agreements.
- Current Affair
- Eminent personalities
- Awards and honors
TISSNET Entrance Exam Examtips:
To crack the exam with ease, one must have a good TISSNET Entrance exam preparation strategy.
1. Analysis of syllabus and Paper Pattern
Have proper knowledge about the paper pattern and syllabus of this exam. You cannot prepare well until you have a proper idea about the syllabus of this examination. Analyze each and every section and prepare each section thoroughly.
2. Accumulate study resources
Accumulate all the study material needed for the examination and start studying early. Prepare a timetable as it will make your preparation more disciplined.
3. Prepare smartly
Smart Preparation plays a very important role in securing good marks. Select the topics which appear to be having a high weightage of marks. Prepare notes for important topics and take the help of the previous year's paper.
4. Study Vocabulary
Studying new words every day will help you in reading comprehension and language skills. Reading books like ``Word Power made easy" will be really helpful.
5. Time Management
While preparing for this examination prepare a timetable and distribute equal timing for each section.
6. Take breaks while studying
Taking breaks while studying can improve your study habits because studying for a longer time might make you feel demotivated, but avoid taking a whole day breaks as less as possible.
I hope this TISSNET Entrance Exam Info will help you while preparing for the exam. The competition for this examination is quite high therefore prepare well before time. Good Luck!