The National Testing Agency will host the DU JAT 2020 exam. Candidates can appear for the exam to enter undergraduate management programs in colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi. When applying for the entrance exam, students can take admissions in BMS, BBA and B.A (Hons) courses offered by DU University. The total number of available seats are about 1,162, and the allocation will be in August. This article will help you to learn about DU JAT 2020 exam eligibility, application form, curriculum, and selection process.
What is the DU JAT 2020 Exam?
DU JAT is a national level entrance examination for admission to professional undergraduate programs offered by 16 colleges affiliated to Delhi University. DU JAT registration began on June 20, with the application deadline extended to July 18. DU JAT exam facilitates admission to the following courses:
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS),
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Economics (Hons)
DU JAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria for DU JAT 2020 exam before completing the application form. Candidates need to meet the following requirements to appear for the exam:
- Candidates in the general category must have at least 60% marks in the 12th grade.
- Candidates in the SC, ST, CW categories must have scored at least 55% in 12th board.
- Final year students who are waiting for the result can also apply for the DU JAT Exam 2020.
- Admission criteria for students in EWS category should be similar to the UR category candidates.
- Students are selected based on their rank which will be calculated based on the percentage in the entrance exam (65%) and the percentage of the qualifying exam (35%).
- There is no age limit.
DU JAT 2020 Application Form and Fees
Part 1: Registration
- To register yourself for the exam, candidates need to visit the official website
- Click the "New Register" button
Candidates need to provide following information
- Name of candidates
- Date of birth
- Email ID and more.
- Click "Submit" button after completing all credentials
Part 2: Fill out the application form
- After registration, the candidate must provide the academic information.
- Any records of extracurricular achievements, certifications and similar.
Part 3: Uploading Images
The following documents are required for candidates to upload:
- A passport size photo of 50 kb in jpg format
- Digitally scanned signature of 50 kb in jpg format
- The scanned image of ID Proofs in jpg format and should not exceed 100 kb
- Class 10 certificate in jpg format, size not exceeding 100 kb
- Category certificate (if required) in jpg format and should not exceed 100 kb.
DU JAT 2020 Application Fees
- The application fee is 250 Rs for general category candidates and 100 rupees for reserved category students.
- Candidates should save and keep their application for future information.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern helps students to identify the marking scheme, language, sections, and types of exam questions. Exam pattern of DU JAT 2020 is given below.
- Language: The questions will be asked in English language.
- Exam mode: Offline mode using pen and paper.
- Sections: The exam includes questions related to Quantitative Ability, Logical and Analytical Ability, General English, Business and General Awareness.
- Number of questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of Questions: It will be a MCQ type exam in which students need to choose the correct answer from four options.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions
- Do not forget to carry your DU JAT 2020 admit card to the exam center
- Reach the examination center at least one hour before the reporting time
- Avoid carrying electronic devices such as a calculator, cell phone, or headset inside the exam center
- Do not do the rough work on the question paper.
- Do not leave the exam hall before the allocated time
Candidates who will clear the DU JAT 2020 written exam, group discussions and personal interviews will be called for the counselling process.