All you need to know about the Bachelor in Banking and Insurance course(BBI).
BBI refers to Bachelor in Banking and Insurance, it is a three-year undergraduate course with six semesters. This course trains students about modern-day banking and technologies as well as finance and insurance regulations.
This course is the highly preferred course if the student is interested in going into financial institutions like banks, insurance agencies, share markets, etc. The BBI course scope has seen a simultaneous growth over the year as there have been new banks setting up over the years as well as the growth in the banking and insurance sector.
Banking is considered to be a safe career option by many students as there is job security in this field especially the government banks. Therefore BBI course scope has been increasing yearly.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
The BBI course subjects consist of various banking and insurance-related subjects like Accounting, Insurance law, and practice, financial mathematics, etc. Let's look at the BBI course subject by each semester one by one.
- Principles & Practice of Banking 1
- Financial Accounting 1
- Principles of Insurance Physical Education
- Business Management
- Value Education
- English 1
- Hindi 1
- Principles & Practice of Banking 2
- Financial Accounting 2
- Financial Accounting 2
- Insurance Law & Practice
- Environmental Studies
- Financial Mathematics
- English 2
- Hindi 2
- Legal Regulatory Aspects of Banking 1
- Company Accounts 1
- Workshop of Numerical Skills
- Financial Management
- Non-Major Elective
- Business Economics
- Campus Recruitment Training 1
- Legal Regulatory Aspects of Banking 2
- Company Accounts 2
- E-Commerce & E-Business
- Services Marketing
- Workshop on Reasoning Skills, Non-Major Elective
- Institutional Training
- Campus Recruitment Training 2
- Business Environment
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Statistics
- Income Tax
- Campus Recruitment Training 3
- Semester 6
- Business Communication
- Management Accounting
- Students who want to end up in the banking sector should take up banking and insurance as their specialization.
- The job profile of a Banking and insurance specialization Credit and Risk Manager, Insurance Manager, Lecturer/Teacher.
- The BBI course scope opens a lot of job opportunities in various MNCs, nationalized banks as well as share markets.
- The students can also pursue various professional course like CA or CS after graduation
- Apart from graduation, there are various certifications courses like CFP and CFA.
- The fresher who has just graduated from this course has the starting salary of 3-4 lakh from annum.
- The students can also give government banking exams like SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB.
- The students can also give exams of private banks like HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank, etc.
The BBI course fees range from 14000 to 10,00,000. The BBI course fees completely depend on the colleges and locations.
Top colleges for BBI course in Mumbai:
- Jai Hind College, Mumbai
- Rizvi College, Mumbai
- Hinduja College, Mumbai
- LS Raheja College, Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai
BBI is a very growing career option for the students as the career specializes in the field of banking. Banking and insurance industries have evolved over the years, there have been major changes in terms of rules and regulation. People find more career options in this industry compared to other industries.
I hope the above information helps you in taking your career decisions. Good Luck.
Class 12 (Com)