All you need to know about BCom in Economics.
Bcom in Economics is a 3-year undergraduate course consisting of 6 semesters.
Economics is a subject that needs to be studied with complete dedication as it is quite a difficult subject for most of the students. There are various theories and practical approaches that are needed for this subject. Maths plays an important subject in economics, so you need to really be very good at mathematics.
Students who are very much interested in mathematics and theories of economics should pursue BCom in Economics. There are opportunities to work as a data analyst or investment analyst which is quite a high profile job.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
Bcom in economics trains students to learn the practicality of the subjects as well as identify the upcoming trends of the economy. This course helps students to learn the technicality as well as the practicality of the subject.
The BCom in Economics subjects is generally related to subjects like mathematics, statistics, practical solution to current economic trends, etc.
Let's look at the semester wise BCom in economics subjects:
- Applied Economics
- Micro Economics
- Business Environment
- Indian Contract Act and the Sale Of Goods Act
- Business Organization
- Macro Economics
- Indian Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Partnership Accounting
- Business Regulatory Framework
- Business Communication
- Commercial Bank Management
- Financial Market Operation
- Elements of Company Accounts
- Theory and Practice of Cost
- Indian Company Act
- Principles of Statistics
- Banking in India
- Investment Management
- Advance Corporate Accounts
- Advance Cost Accounts
- Principles of Management
- Advances in Statistics
Semester 5 :
- Public Finance
- Principles of Insurance Business
- Income Tax for Individuals
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- International Marketing
- Project Planning and Control
- Income Tax for Business
- Income Tax
- Human Resource Management
Bcom in economics Jobs:
- The students who have graduated from BCom in Economics have a great opportunity working with top Multinational Companies
- They are hired as the auditor, Stock Broker, Retail Analyst, Financial Analyst, curriculum developer, service quality leaders, etc.
- Bcom in Economics jobs gives graduate students a lot of exposure in the field of analyzing and developing financial reports also in the areas of monetary aspects.
Bcom in Economics Salary:
- The Bcom in Economics salary completely depends on the job position and experience.
- The salary of a fresh graduate starts from 2.5 lakh to 3.5 lakh and increases depending on the experience.
- Here are few of the job positions listed and their description is given below:
- Banking and finance officer -The role of this officer is to help the organization with the backend work like daily operations. The salary of a banking and finance officer starts from 4 - 5 lakh per annum.
- Market Research Analyst: The role of a market research analyst prepares the reports about the current trend of the market as well as the monetary aspects of the company. The salary of the market research analyst starts from 5-6 lakh per annum.
- Insurance Investment or tax Expert: The role of the Insurance Investment or tax Expert is to provide support related to tax documentation and tax-related problems. The salary of the insurance investment or Tax Expert starts from 3-4 lakh per annum.
Note: The salary of the above position keeps on increasing depending on the experience and skills.
Top Bcom in Economics Colleges :
- Shri Ram College Of Commerce, New Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Christ University, Banglore
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Narsee Monjee College Of Commerce And Economics, Mumbai
BCom in Economics is a great course if you are very interested in practical and technical knowledge about the nuances of the world economy. Try opting for a Ph.D. or a master's degree after your graduation, as it will have a value in your career prospects. Good Luck!