All you need to know about the Bachelor in Financial Market(BFM)
Bachelor in Financial Market is a 3-year undergraduate course constituting 6 semesters. This course gives you the overall knowledge about the instruments of the financial market like stocks, shares, options, derivatives, etc.
BFM course allows you to explore the different practical and theoretical knowledge about the concepts associated with the capital and money market instruments.
Apart from the financial market subjects, there are also subjects related to accounts and management.
The students who are highly driven to study Financial markets should pursue this course as they will get a good base for future job opportunities in the financial sectors like banks, share markets, asset management companies, and insurance companies.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
The BFM course syllabus consists of diverse subjects related to Financial markets and institutions.
The major subjects are money market, risk management, technical analysis, capital market, and forex market.
Let's look at BFM course syllabus subjects :
- Micro - Economics 1
- Principles of Investment
- Management Accounting
- Macro - Economics 2
- Principles of Business Management
- Business Environment
- Financial Accounting
- Statistical Applications
- The environment of the Financial System
- Debt Markets
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Finance 1
- Equity Market 1
- Business Laws
- Corporate Finance 2
- Equity Market 2
- Taxation for Investments
- Organizational Behavior
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Corporate Governance
- Computer Applications in Financial Services
- Mutual-fund Market
- Global Capital Markets
- Derivative Markets
- Portfolio Management
- Project 1
- Project 2
Job opportunities, salary, and fees
- There is a diverse opportunity of working in different financial sectors after pursuing this course.
- Students can either do a job after this course or opt for a masters course like MBA or certification course like CFA
- The students learn a lot of practical experience in this course which makes it quite easy to get a job in this field.
- Students generally get into the banking sector, Consultancy Firms, Accountancy, Stock Market, Educational Institutes, Life Insurance Companies, etc.
- The BFM course salary of a fresh graduate will be 4-6lakh per annum.
- The job positions are Accountant, Finance Manager, Insurance Manager, Finance Officer, Research Analyst, Financial Asst. Manager, Financial Consultant, Wealth Management, Project Coordinator.
- Students who opt for this course are generally with the mindset of doing CFA as they get the base for their CFA subjects.
- Therefore most of them pursue CFA after their graduation as it is the best option after doing BFM.
- Some students rather think of doing a job in some financial sector like banks, share market, mutual fund, or insurance companies.
- The BFM course salary depends on the job experience, skills, and knowledge.
- If you have a great knowledge of markets and their scenario, you might end up getting a good salary compared to your classmates.
- Knowledge will be acquired if you have an interest in this field, and by being updated with current financial trends.
- The BFM course fees depend upon the college, if the college is unaided then the salary would be less compared to aided college.
- The average fee would be from 20000-6000 per year.
Top BFM colleges in Mumbai:
- Shri Narsee Monjee College Of Commerce And Economics
- K. J. Somaiya College Of Arts And Commerce.
- Mithibai College of Arts Chauhan Institute Of Science And Amrutben Jivanlal College Of Commerce And Economics
- Jai Hind College
- Hinduja College of Commerce
BFM is a course that gives equal preference to practical knowledge and theoretical knowledge. Students should be interested in learning different financial market concepts and should also be keen on learning from external environments like current market trends and news.
Students who learn this course are very well equipped to understand different financial market instruments and can also start their own broking firm.
There are various colleges that offer various courses on financial markets that are similar to this course. Some are certification courses or part-time courses. Do check out different colleges' websites for that.
I hope the information above helps you in taking the correct decision of your choice. Good Luck.