All you need to know about the Bachelor in Computer Application(BCA)
Bachelor in Computer Application is an undergraduate course for 3 years consisting of six semesters. Students who are interested in learning computer languages and want to start their careers in the Information Technology Department should pursue this career.
The course will give you advanced computer skills and IT knowledge in Computer application course.
The skills required are, one should have strong programming knowledge. The student should have the ability to develop an application for practical aspects and make use of their computer skills in the real world.
The average fee for this course is 80000-100000 lakh.
Bachelor in Computer Application eligibility are as follows:
- Sudents from any field like science, commerce, or arts are eligible for this course.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
The Bachelor in Computer Application syllabus are as follows
- Hardware Lab (CIA Only)
- Creative English
- Foundational Mathematics
- Statistics I For BCA
- Digital Computer Fundamentals
- Introduction To Programming Using C
- C Programming Lab
- PC Software Lab
- Case Tools Lab (CIA Only)
- Communicative English
- Basic Discrete Mathematics
- Operating Systems
- Data Structures
- Data Structures Lab
- Visual programming lab
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introductory Algebra
- Financial Accounting
- Software Engineering
- Database systems
- Object-Oriented Programming Using C++
- C++ Lab
- Oracle Lab
- Domain Lab (Cia Only)
- Professional English
- Financial Management
- Computer Networks
- Programming In Java
- Java Programming Lab
- DBMS Project Lab
- C++ Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Language Lab(CIA Only)
- Unix Programming
- OOAD Using UML
- User Interface Design
- Graphics And Animation
- Python Programming
- Business Intelligence
- Unix Lab
- Web Designing Project
- Graphics And Animation Lab
- Python Programming Lab
- Business Intelligence Lab
- Design And Analysis Of Algorithms
- Client-Server Computing
- Computer Architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Multimedia Applications
- Introduction To Soft Computing
- Advanced Database Management System
Job Opportunity and Future Prospects After BCA:
- The IT industry is one of the top-grossing industries in India, with the highest rate of growth.
- BCA is considered to be one of the best courses in the field of IT as it gives you an overall knowledge of the subject.
- In the age of technology, having a degree in the subject related to technology is considered to be the best skill for any person.
- The Bachelor in Computer Application job opportunities has been increasing yearly in both private as well as public sectors.
- The Bachelor in Computer Application job position is System Engineer Software Tester, Junior Programmer, Web Developer, System Administrator, Software Developer.
- The graduate in BCA is mostly placed in top IT companies like Oracle, IBM, Infosys, and Wipro.
- The graduates can also apply for the government sectors like Indian Air Force(IAF), Indian Army, and India Navy as they need a large number of computer professionals for their IT department.
- The salary of a BCA graduate working in the MNC is 25000-40000 per month.
- Some students prepare for masters by studying for MSC(IT) or MCA.
- There are certification courses like CCNP or CCNA certification which give you a great future opportunity.
There are colleges that provide specialization in certain areas. The areas of specialization are as follows:
- Cyber Security
- C / C++
- Distributed Algorithms
- Ethical Hacking
- Oracle CRM
Top BCA colleges in India:
- VIT University, Vellore
- Christ University, Banglore
- Presidency College, Banglore.
- Chandigarh University (CU)
- SRMIST - SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
I hope the information above helps you in building up a successful career. Thank you!