All you need to know about the BCom Statistics course.
BCom statistics is a three-year course consisting of six semesters. This course allows students to learn about the science of collection, analysis, organization, interpretation, and presentation of numerical as well as categorical data.
Students who have a great interest in numbers and analytics should pursue this course. The students should have great analytical, logical skills and should be quick in numbers.
The fees for this course ranges differently for different colleges. A private institute fee can range around 500000 but also low as in 5000.
- Students from any field like science, commerce, or arts are eligible for this course.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
Syllabus for BCom in Statistics:
Some of the main BCom Statistics syllabus are as follows:
- Analysis of Count Data Financial Accounting
- Analysis of Variance and Basic Experimental Designs
- Financial Management
- Applied Statistics
- Forex Management
- Business Communication
- Index Numbers and Time Series
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Inference about Variance
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Computers and Information Systems
- Computer Oriented Statistical Methods
- The logic of Regression and Correlation
- Continuous Random Variable and Continuous Probability Distributions
- Macro Economics
- Corporate Law's & Law Governing Capital Markets
- Management Accounting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Descriptive and Inferential Statistics
- Mathematical and Numerical Methods for Statistics
- Different types of Means
- Micro Economics
- Discrete Random Variable and Discrete Probability Distributions
- Measures of Dispersion
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Environmental Studies Probability Theory
- Sampling and Sampling Distribution
- Probability and Non-Probability Sampling
- Statistical Analysis
- Principles & Practice of Management & Business
- Statistical Inference
- Quantitative Methods
- Statistical Methods & Probability Theory
- Regression and Correlation Analysis
- Various Types of Hypothesis Sample
- Survey and Design of Experiments
Job Opportunities After BCom in Statistics:
- The BCom Statistics jobs are very extraordinary jobs as most of them are mostly situated abroad.
- Statistics is one of the important subjects in the world of business, a business cannot run without proper statistics and data.
- Every field from business, industry, agribusiness, government, private, software engineering, logical, wellbeing sciences requires statistics.
- Therefore there is an increasing demand for such courses and jobs.
- The major areas of employment are as follows Businesses & Commerce Consulting Firms, Data Survey Agencies, Defence Forensic Studies, Economics & Education, Indian CivilServices, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Indian Economic Services, Institute of Applied Manpower Research (IAMR), Insurance, MedicineManufacturing, Multinational Corporations, Pharmacology, Public-Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Social Research, Social Service, Statistical and Economic Bureaus, Statistical Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)
- The BCom Statistics Job Positions are Accountant Biometrician, Statistician, Cashier/Teller, Data Analyst, Data Interpreter, Econometrician, Epidemiologist, Enumerator, Research Analyst, Research Scholar.
- A Biostatistician is a person who consolidates math, measurements, and science to give answers for squeezing general medical issues, to keep them from happening later on. Biostatisticians apply factual standards to general wellbeing and therapeutic research.
- The salary of a BCom Statistics is 2-10 lakh per annum
Top BCom Statistics Colleges in India:
- Presidency College, Tamil Nadu
- HL College of Commerce, Gujrat
- Gujarat Arts and Commerce
- Faculty of Commerce College, Gujrat.
Top Recruiting Companies:
- Hdfc bank
- Just dial
I hope the information above helps you make the decision about your career. Good Luck!