BSc in Animation and Multimedia Course: Course Info, Eligibility, Syllabus, Job Opportunities and Colleges
BSc in Animation and Multimedia is a three-year undergraduate course. This course enables students to learn different aspects of animation and multimedia which includes 2D and 3D animation and VFX, Scriptwriting and sequential Narrative, etc.
The students are trained to face the modern world opportunity and challenges by learning the latest industry-relevant technical knowledge about this course.
This program gives you an overall knowledge about the course and helps to build skills and confidence among the students. There is also a compulsory internship in the last semester of the course which allows the students to have practical knowledge of the course and allows them to apply what they have learned in real life.
The students who are interested in seeking a job in the creative and animation industry should pursue this course.
- Students from any field like science, commerce, or arts are eligible for this course.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
BSc in Animation and Multimedia syllabus is as follows:
This course is a three-year course including six semesters.BSc in Animation and Multimedia syllabus is as follows:
- Semester I
History of Animation
Character Design I
Introduction to 2D Animation
Digital Methodologies: Sound & Audio
- Semester II
Advanced 2D Animation
Character Design II
Script Writing and Sequential Narrative
- Semester III
Digital Methodologies: Modelling
Digital Methodologies: Character Modelling
Digital Methodologies: Lighting & Texturing
Digital Methodologies: Introduction to Dynamics
- Semester IV
Digital Methodologies: Animation
Digital Methodologies: Character Rigging
Digital Methodologies: Advanced Dynamics
- Semester V
Video Editing & Compositing
- Semester VI
Job Opportunities After BSc in Animation and Multimedia Course:
- A graduate in BSc in Animation and Multimedia generally finds jobs in the areas of visual design industries like TV Channels/Production Houses, IT Software, Creative/Design Firms, Gaming Industry, Media, Advertising.
- If you are someone who is really very creative and loves storytelling and other creative crafts then these areas of employment are very appropriate for you.
- The job profiles of the above-mentioned profiles are as a web designer, graphics designer, art director, animation graphic artist, software developer, art developer, game tester, and reviewer.
- Computer software designer
- A web designer is who creates templates, sample sites, and drafts for the organization. The salary of a web designer depends upon the skills and experience, The starting salary would be 3 lakh-4 lakh.
- A graphic designer is a person who works on different products such as websites, magazines, books, games etc.in a company or an advertising agency. The salary depends upon the skills and experience.
- Degree in multimedia will offer you an ocean of job opportunities in web designing, computer games designing, advertising graphics, animation, and new media.
- Due to the increasing demand for digital platforms like youtube, Instagram, and Facebook, the demand for creative artists in the field of animation and multimedia has also been increased.
- The recruiters are finding students who have specialization in the specific field rather than students who are in a general field.
- The top recruiters for Animation and Multimedia are Arena Animation, Technicolor, Prime Focus Technologies, Affinity Express, Adpro Media Solutions.
BSc in Animation and Multimedia Salary:
- BSc in Animation and Multimedia Salary depends upon the skills, knowledge, and experience.
- The fresher generally gets 1.5 lakh per annum and goes on increasing till 10 lakh or more depending on the experience.
BSc in Animation and Multimedia Colleges.
The top BSc in Animation and Multimedia Colleges are as follows:
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Birla Institute of Technology, Rajasthan
- JC Bose School of Science and Technology, Faridabad
- The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology - [MAKAUT], Kolkata
- Chandigarh University - [CU], Chandigarh
- RIMT University, Punjab
I hope the above information helps in guiding you with the correct career path.Thank you.