Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) witnesses many aspirants each year as they provide many postgraduate programs. There are many universities participating in this entrance test. So after clearing this exam candidates can secure their PG admission in the university they wish. The main conducting body for the exam is The Central University of Rajasthan. The CUCET Exam is conducted each year and the CUCET application form is released on their online portal. In this article, we will discuss the detailed steps for filling the application form.
The primary aspect to consider before applying for the exam is to check the eligibility. The eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to apply for the PG Entrance are as follows:-
A candidate must complete their under graduation from any recognized university or institute of India. The marks criteria required for the General category is 55% and for SC/ST is 50%.
The official notification for filling the CUCET Application 2020 started on 16 March 2020 and the last date was extended till 6 June 2020. There are a total of five steps involved in filling the CUCET Application form.
- Candidates are first required to visit the official portal of the CUCET i.e. https://www.cucetexam.in/
- Click on the “Online Application Form” link and then a new page will be displayed.
- Candidates are supposed to then click on the PG course they wish to apply.
- After clicking that, the application window will open on the screen.
Fill the Application Details:
- Candidates are supposed to fill all the correct application details.
- Enter the correct personal details like Full Name, Email ID, date of birth, contact no and password. Note that the password must be preserved for further references.
- After entering the above details candidates must click on the “Save & Proceed button” after which the other fields will get activated on the screen.
- Next, the candidates have to fill the qualifying exam details such as the name of the college/board, marks obtained, year of passing and total percentage.
- The candidates have to further enter their address which can be used for communicating regarding the examination.
- Candidates should choose the examination city in which they want to appear for the exam.
- The last step is the declaration where candidates have to click on the checkbox. After that, they have to click on “Save and Proceed”. The application will be carried on to the next step.
Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature:
In this step, candidates need to upload their scanned photographs and signature as per the prescribed format i.e. Photograph size should be between 10 KB to 100 KB and Signature size should be between 5 KB to 20 KB.
Choose the Course and Universities:
In this step, the candidates should choose any three courses in any of the universities they wish to apply. Remember that an individual can select only three universities, not more than that. After that, click on the “Save and Proceed” button.
The candidates will have the option to preview the entire application form where they can change the information if they want to. By clicking the “Edit Application” Button, one can change this information. After that, candidates should click on the “ Submit & Make Payment” button.
Pay the Application fees:
Candidates should pay the CUCET Application form fees either via Online (debit card, credit card or net banking) or Offline mode (SBI Challan). The application fees for General category is Rs 800, SC/ST is Rs 350 while PwD candidates are exempted from payment of fees.
Additional Things to Remember:-
- Candidates are allowed to select any two nearest exam cities.
- In case, if there are less than 100 applicants in a particular exam center then the center gets canceled and the applicants are allocated to another nearby city.
- Candidates should preserve their login details for future references.
- Candidates who make the payment of fees via SBI Challan should wait for at least seven days to receive the application form confirmation.
The date for CUCET Application 2020 has been already closed by the officials. However, this is the standard format for filling the Application form which should be followed by the candidates. Lastly, remember to fill the correct and valid details in the entire form to avoid any mistakes in the final application.