Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphics: Course Info, Eligibility, Syllabus, Job Opportunities and Colleges.
Bachelor in Fine Arts in Graphics is a three-year undergraduate course. This course is designed for the students to gain industry-related knowledge about the graphic designing industry and gain knowledge about computer graphics, electronic imaging, and production.
Students learn both technical and theoretical skills in this course. The technical skills include the use of graphic design software and other essential technologies, including cameras, sound machines, and industrial printers. Students are also encouraged to make their own portfolio, as a reference for their future jobs.
There are also internship chances in the third year of the course. Some of the major skill sets that are needed for this field are creativity, innovation, artistic ability, organization skill, critical thinking, ability to focus and concentrate, passionate, visualization skills.
They learn how to design and layout the journal, newspapers, magazines, reports, and other publications.
- Students from any field like science, commerce, or arts are eligible for this course.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
Syllabus For Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphics:
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphics subjects are as follows:
English I Creative Writing
Art and Visual Perception I
Elements of Graphic Design
Drawing for Animation
English II Conversational Skills
Art and Visual Perception II
History of Animation
Vector Graphic for Designers
Photoshop for Designers
Design Studio I
Animation Studio I
Scripting & Storyboarding for Animation
Design Studio II
Interaction Design I
3D Animation I
Animation for Web
Animation Studio II
3D Animation II
Animation Studio III
Interaction Design II
Graphic Design Project
Job Opportunities After Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphics:
- After pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphics students generally end up getting a job in the field of advertising, marketing, television, web, and emerging communication fields.
- Graphics Designers play an important role for every company, they are the people l who help companies design logos, make PowerPoint presentations, fetch creative ideas, etc.
- The job position of a graphic designer is generally Multimedia Designer, Web Designer, Logo Designer, Brand Identity Designer, Flash Designer, Creative/Art Director, Photo Editing/Photoshop Artist, Layout Artist, Product Designer.
- The employment areas are generally in Advertisement Companies, Film Industry, Web sites, Logo and Documents, Games Companies, Publishing Houses.
- Degree in Graphic design will offer you an ocean of job opportunities in web designing, computer games designing, advertising graphics, animation, and new media.
- Due to the increasing demand for digital platforms like youtube, Instagram, and Facebook, the demand for creative artists in the field of animation and multimedia has also been increased.
- A web designer is who creates templates, sample sites, and drafts for the organization. The salary of a web designer depends upon the skills and experience, The starting salary would be 3 lakh-4 lakh.
Top Colleges in Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphics:
- NID, Ahmedabad
- BAOU Ahmedabad - Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- UID - Unitedworld Institute of Design, Karnavati University, Ahmedabad
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
I hope the above information helped you take your career decisions. Good Luck!