Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation: Course Info, Eligibility, Syllabus, Job Opportunities and Colleges.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation is a 4-year undergraduate program that specializes in various fields like creative writing, painting, film-making, technical arts, applied arts, sculpture, television production, photography, stage management, animation, and film production.
Students who want to take their career in the creative fields and wish to achieve their success in marketing and entertainment should pursue a Bachelor of Visual Arts. The students learn various aspects of Artists, Junior Technical Artist, StoryBoard Artist, 3-D Animator, In-between Animators, and VFX Artists.
This course offers both theoretical and practical exposure for the students, they learn various skills that are applicable to this field.
Some of the major skill sets that are needed for this field are creativity, innovation, artistic ability, organization skill, critical thinking, ability to focus and concentrate, passionate, visualization skills.
The average fee of this course is INR 10,000 to INR 2,50,000.
- Students from any field like science, commerce, or arts are eligible for this course.
- A student who has cleared 10+2 from recognized school and university with a minimum 50% score is eligible for this course.
- You need to have scored more than the minimum cut-off percentage of the college you are applying to.
- This minimal cut-off percentage score is completely dependent on the college or university.
- The eligibility criteria completely depend upon the cut off of the particular college you are opting for.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation subjects:
Bachelor of Visual Arts is a four-year undergraduate course consisting of eight semesters. This course has specialization in The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation subjects are as follows:
- Semester I/Semester II
Design for Animation
Geometrical Drawing and Perspective
Effective Written Communication
Book Art - I
Character Designing - I.
Composition - I
Design - III
Digital Imaging - I
Drawing for 2D Animation - I
History of Animation - I
Photography (Animation) - I
Background Designing for 2D Animation
Book Art - II
Character Designing - II
Design - IV
Digital Imaging - II
Drawing for 2d Animation - II
History of Animation - II
Photography (Animation) - II
Character Designing - III
Composition - III
Computer Animation - I.
Design - V
Digital Imaging - III
Script Writing - I
Stop Motion Animation
Character Designing - IV
Computer Animation - II
Design - VI
Digital Imaging - IV
Script Writing - II
Stop Motion Animation - II
Acting for Animation
Character Designing - V
Computer Animation - III
Design - VII
Digital Imaging - V
VFX - I
Computer Animation - IV
Graphic Designing for Web
VFX - II
Job Opportunities and scope after Bachelor of Fine Arts(Animation) course
- The animation industry has gained wide acceptance of Indian talents all over wide.
- The entertainment industry states that by 2021, the growth in the VFX and animation industry will be 31℅ and 9% respectively.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation scope will be in the field in the field of Advertising Agencies, Film & Television Studios, Online and Print News Media, Production House, IT Companies, Cartoon Production Houses, Theater, video Gaming Companies, E-learning Providers.
- The animation industry employee at least 30000 employees every year in India
- The job position of a Bachelor of Fine Arts(Animation) is a graphic designer, game developer, character designers, animators, 3D modelers, storyboard artists, Concept Artists, Junior Technical Artist, StoryBoard Artist,3-D Animator, and VFX artists.
- The top recruiters of Bachelor of Fine Arts(Animation) are Accenture, Maya Entertainment, Crest Communications, Technicolor, Rockstar Games Technicolor, Trace VFX, Dream Works, Amazon Development Centre, Advida.co and Ideal Crew Services,
- Most of the students pursue a master's in Fine arts animation after this course to avail of more career opportunities.
- The average starting salary of a BFA(animation) graduate is 130000 per annum.
- The salary goes on increasing spending on experience, skills, and knowledge.
Top Bachelor in Fine Arts in Animation Colleges:
2) Amity University, Noida
3) Nandal Bose Subharti Institute of Fine Arts & Fashion Design, Subharti University, Meerut, UP
4) Creative Multimedia College of Fine Arts, Hyderabad.
I hope the above information helps you in taking the career decision. Thank You.