All you need to know about Bachelor in Business Administration. (BBA)
Bachelor in Business Administration is an undergraduate course in commerce. The admission process for this course is not the same as other courses like BCom, BMS, BMM. The major subjects of this course Finance, Management, Sales, and Marketing.
It is a 3-year course undergraduate course where students and from any field are eligible for this course.
In this course, students learn a lot about practical knowledge and get an opportunity to do an internship.
Students learn a lot about business management and techniques in this course.
There is specialization in the BBA just like MBA:
- Human Resource Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Information Technology
- Communication and Media Management
- The students need to complete 12th from a recognized university or college from any stream
- The candidate should have an aggregate score of 50% and above in the 12th exam.
- The student needs to give an entrance exam conducted by the college. After qualifying in the written exam, the students need to qualify for personal or group discussion. But there are only a few colleges that conduct gd and personal interviews.
- Apart from the college entrance exam, some college accept scores theses entrance exams also which are given below:
- BHU UET
- DU JAT
BBA Syllabus and Subjects:
- There are various subjects and syllabus in this course some of them are given below:
- Financial Management
- Principles & Practices in Management
- Marketing Management
- Taxation in Business
- Accounts Management
- HRM: Human Resource Management
- MIS: Management Information System
- Business Communication Management
- IB: International Business Management
- Operations Management
Skills you need to have if you want to apply for the BBA course:
- A student who wants to pursue BBA should have a great interest in Business management and administration.
- Students should have good communication skills and have great problem solving and leadership.
- Students who want to earn good practical skills and internships should surely opt for this course.
- The students should be quick in taking accurate decisions and should be creative with the ideas.
- This course is quite beneficial if you have an entrepreneurship quality within you, this course will elevate your business idea to another level.
Job opportunities after BBA:
- The job opportunities after doing BBA are quite vast, students mainly land up in jobs like marketing, sales, Human Resource Management, and finance.
- The students also have an opportunity to work with multinational, financial, manufacturing, construction, and retail companies.
- The starting salary for a BBA graduate is 2-3 lakh per annum.
- The students who pursue an MBA directly after BBA have a good opportunity to grow in their careers.
- Doing an MBA after BBA is one of the best combinations as the student gets practical experience and takes an edge over a student who is just a graduate.
Salary of a BBA graduate according to different specialization:
- Finance: Students with a finance specialization have a great demand in the corporate world. Their job profiles are usually as a Financial Manager, Internal Auditor, Tax Assistant, Loan Officer. The salary of a finance specialization graduate is 3-5 lakh per annum.
- Banking and Insurance: Students clearly know that want to end up in the banking sector should take up banking and insurance as their specialization.The job profile of a Banking and insurance specialization Credit and Risk Manager, Insurance Manager, Lecturer/Teacher. The salary of a banking and Insurance graduate is 3-20 lakh per annum.
- Marketing: If you are someone who is creative with ideas and have very good communication skills then you should take up marketing as a specialization. The job profiles are Marketing Executive, Sales Manager, Market Analysts. The salary is 3- 8 lakh per annum.
Note: For every department, the salary goes on increasing depending on the experience.
Recruiting companies for a BBA graduate:
- Ernst and Young
Top BBA colleges in India:
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Jindal Global Business School, Sonepat
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Vellore
- ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
- Christ University, Bangalore.
In recent years, there has been a growth in students opting for this course. This is because of the students increasing interest in the entrepreneurship quality of starting up their own businesses.
I hope the information above helps you in building up a successful career. Thank you!