Applications and websites have not only been a boon to the business owners in order to enhance their business visibility and reach but it has also made our lives much simpler and happier one.
From playing your favorite game to order your favorite pizza
From reading news online to texting a friend who is miles away..
But who makes this task simple?
This is an emerging field which is going about constant changes, due to this the Front-end developer needs to be well acquainted.
The major aim of designing a site or an application is to make sure that the user sees all the relevant information in a format that is easy to read, on opening it. The major challenge and complication faced by the Front-end developer pertains to the fact that users now use a large variety of devices with varying screen sizes and resolutions thus forcing the designer to take into consideration these aspects while designing the site. It is imperative that their site comes up correctly in different browsers (cross-browser), different operating systems (cross-platform) and different devices (cross-device), which requires careful planning on the side of the developer.
How to become a Front-end developer?
To enter into this technologically advanced field, one must learn coding and coding languages. The skill required to be a Front-end developer are:
- A degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field
- Proficient in coding languages
- Well versed with server-side CSS.
- Must possess experienced in graphic design applications (e.g., Adobe Illustrator)
- Must know the principles of SEO
- Have excellent skills in problem-solving
The three primary and important coding languages required to code a website or a web app design are :
Other advanced skills that enhances and adds value to a Front-end developers profile are:
- Front End Frameworks
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors
- Experience with RESTful Services and APIs
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Front-end developer?
The Front-end developer job description is an interesting one. He/ she carries out the following tasks
- A Front-end developer is responsible for deciding web page design and structure
- He/she develop features to enhance the users’ experience in the website or application
- He/she is responsible to maintain a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- The major task of a Front-end developer is to make sure that the web design is smartphone capable & compatible
- He/she must be smart enough to build reusable code for future use
- The Front-end developers success lies in the web pages that are well optimized for best speed and scalability.
- He/she must be skilled enough to be able to employ a diverse selection of markup languages to design web pages
- A Front-end developer is responsible to keep the brand consist throughout the whole design
Is "Front-end developer" a good career option?
It is a fact that everyone is online in today's world. From a common man to celebrities, artists to brands and businesses have or are trying to build their online presence to enhance their Skills, popularity, growth and online presence. Websites and web applications are on a bloom in this century. If you're looking for an interesting and dynamic career path which enables you to grab excellent career opportunities and exhibit your creative side, this is the one!
Organizations and business leaders are constantly looking for ways to enhance their websites with rich visuals and powerful interactions of the web due to which there is a huge demand for Front End Web Developers today.
How much does a Front-end developer make?
According to glassdoor a Front-end developer may grab an annual package of 6‐7 lakhs. Higher annual package depends upon your skills, achievements and experience.
Be a Front-end developer and access the innumerable opportunity, challenges and endeavors this field provides.
GOOD LUCK !