UGC NET is an exam conducted for the students who want to become an assistant professor or Junior Research Fellowship or both. The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is conducted by the National Testing Agency, which is a national level examination. UGC NET exam exam is conducted only in online mode and consists of two papers, i.e. paper 1 and paper 2 for 3 hours.
There are a total of 10 subjects in paper 1 which include teaching, information and communication technology, data interpretation, communication, etc. In paper 2, the student can choose any subject of their choice out of the list of 81 subjects.
Now let's look at the overview of the UGC NET 2019 exam, and it's overall analysis, which was dated on 4th December to 6 December 2019.
The exam was a mixture of both tough and easy questions. There were quite many expected and few unexpected questions asked in the UGC NET 2019 exam. The UGC played a fair role in asking questions that covered all the topics of the subjects.
UGC NET Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates do not have to send any certificates/ documents to the National Testing Agency in support of their eligibility.
- NTA does not verify the details provided by the candidates in the application form and hence their candidature will be purely provisional subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
- In case, NTA or UGC detects any ineligibility at any stage, the candidature will be canceled and legal action may be taken against the candidates.
Here are a few highlights of the UGC NET Paper 1 examination.
- The level of difficulty of the UGC NET paper 1 examination was moderate to difficult.
- There were questions asked on higher education and positivism.
- In mathematics, the questions were asked from topics like Simple Interest, Compound interest, Surface area, pipes and cistern, logic.
- The difficulty level of the mathematics section was moderate.
- The data interpretation section was quite easy and based on deriving percentages.
- The questions asked in teaching aptitude with the moderate difficulty level.
- The questions were also a few questions from the topics like Ration, CI, Blood Relation, and Number System.
- In research aptitude, there were questions about hypothesis a positive, and post-positivism.
- There were also a few questions asked on Niti Ayog, MHRD, and Higher Education shifts.
Here are a few of the highlights of the Paper 2 UGC NET Exam.
The UGC NET Paper 2 exam was moderately tough with a few unexpected questions. Most of the students appear for History, Linguistic, and mass communication subjects. Here is an analysis of all the above subjects:
The history paper was the easiest paper compared to last year. There were a few minute changes made this year and the type of questions asked are subjective types.
The difficulty level of this paper was a moderate difficulty. Few questions were based on-
- Generative Syntax
- Structural Syntax
3. Mass Communication
The difficulty level of mass communication was moderately difficult.
The questions were based on publications, books, authors, publishers, newspapers, etc. The exam was comparatively easy compared to the previous year.
I hope the above information helps you in preparing for the UGC NET examination and helps you in getting good marks. Good Luck!
Public Sector Jobs