UGC NET Exam is conducted every year and there are tons of aspirants that appear for this exam. The exam dates for UGC NET Exam 2020 are out on the official website and there are just a few days left to prepare for the exam thoroughly. As there is a lot of competition, aspirants should be ready for the exam with all the required preparation. For that, they need to know the exam pattern, syllabus and books properly. Note that the UGC NET exam consists of Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Both these papers weigh a total of 300 marks and the duration of the examination is for 3 hours. For each correct answer, aspirants earn 2 marks while there is no negative marking for the wrong answer. Let’s take a look at the detailed UGC Net syllabus and books that will help aspirants prepare better for the exam.
UGC NET Syllabus 2020:
As mentioned above, the exam consists of Paper 1 and Paper 2 out of which Paper 1 is common to all the aspirants and Paper 2 is based on a subject which the aspirant has opted for.
PAPER 1 SYLLABUS:
1. Teaching Aptitude- Teaching aptitude covers topics like concepts related to teaching aids, methods of teaching, factors affecting teaching, learner’s characteristics and overall basics of teaching.
2. Research Aptitude- Research Aptitude covers topics like meaning, types & characteristics, methods of research, steps of research, research ethics, writing thesis and its format & characteristics, writing paper, article, understanding seminars, workshops, conference and symposium.
3. Communication- Communication covers topics like meaning, types, characteristics, barriers, nature and effective classroom communication.
4. Reading Comprehension- Reading comprehension consists of a passage of text and candidates should answer the questions related to that passage.
5. Mathematical Reasoning- Mathematical Reasoning covers topics like number series, codes, letter series, relationships. Types of reasoning and mathematical aptitude that covers time & distance, ratio, percentage, proportion, profit & loss, discounts, etc.
6. Logical Reasoning- Logical Reasoning covers topics like deductive and inductive reasoning, Venn diagrams, Indian Logic, Pramanas, the structure of arguments.
7. Data Interpretation- Data Interpretation covers topics like data and governance, graphical representations, classification of data, sources and acquisition.
8. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)- ICT covers topics like terminology and general abbreviations, ICT & governance, video conferencing, audio, intranet and internet basics.
9. People and Environment- People and environment cover topics like environmental issues, natural hazards and disasters, natural and energy resources, human and environment interaction, development and environment.
10. Higher Education System- Higher education system covers topics like policies, administration, government, technical, professional, skill-based education, higher learning and education institutes of ancient India, conventional and non-conventional learning programs in India, etc.
UGC NET Books 2020 for Paper 1 preparation are as follows:-
Books for Paper 1
Name of Author
NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF: Teaching & Research Aptitude Paper 1
Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper 1
Oxford UGC NET/SET/JRF- Teaching & Research Aptitude
NTA/SET/JRF/SLET- General Paper 1 Teaching & Research Aptitude 2020
Farah Sultan, Mridul Sharma, Dr. Rashmi Jain, Varun Bali and Neetu Gaikwad
GO TO UGC NET Paper 1 Guide
Dr. Rashmi Singh
Paper 2 SYLLABUS:
Paper 2 consists of various subjects and the candidates can choose any of their choices. The subjects include Hindi, English, music, history, Political science, sociology, Urdu, Panjabi, Sindhi, Home science, Sanskrit, Marathi, etc. There are a total of 100 subjects that the aspirants can choose from.
UGC NET Books 2020 for paper 2 and subject wise syllabus is mentioned on the official website of the UGC. So candidates should check the details on their portal itself.
All the aspirants should be well aware of the syllabus to avoid any hassle at the last moment. They should be well-versed for the exam as there are lots of other aspirants who attend this exam yearly. The level of the exam is moderate but it is important to understand the competition and openings for each post which candidates are interested in.
Start the preparation months prior to the exam. Also, have a good knowledge of the entire syllabus to gain a better understanding of the overall exam preparation. UGC NET Exam 2020 is already been scheduled so candidates should head to their official website for more updates.