UGC NET Exam is conducted each year with the aim of providing admissions to aspirants for the post of Assistant Professors or Junior Research Fellowship or both. This exam is held two times every year and there are lakhs of aspirants that attend this exam. UGC NET Exam 2020 Exam will be conducted on 16 Sep-18 Sep 2020 and 21 Sep-25 Sep 2020.
Aspirants who get into Research fellowship have the chance to research under great institutes and they are also eligible for a stipend of Rs 25,000 per month. On the other hand, candidates who opt for assistant professor gets immense opportunities in many top-notch constitutes and universities.
Hence there is a lot of competition for this exam as there are lakhs of individuals and only a handful of them get to clear the exam.
Candidates should check the official portal of the UGC to get more updates on the examination. UGC implements a particular set of guidelines for all the candidates who attend the exam. The motive of these guidelines is to maintain a rule and to let the exam be conducted in an effective way. Let’s look at the detailed UGC Exam guidelines below.
1. Candidates have to strictly follow all the rules mentioned by the UGC before attending the exam.
2. Candidates should carry their own pencil/pen to do the rough work. However, it is an online exam and candidates are provided with the pen/pencil and papers by the centers to do the rough work. Still, they are advised to carry it to avoid any last-minute inconvenience.
3. Candidates should carry the admit cards to the center strictly. An admit card is the entry point for attending the exam and no candidate will be allowed to give the exam without it. They should take a printout of the admit card from the official website (preferably A4 size and a colored one).
4. Candidates should carry a passport size photograph to the exam center. The photo should be the same that they have submitted with the online application form and the attendee sheet of the exam.
5. Candidates should carry ID proof that is original and valid. The ID proof can contain the Adhar card/Pan card/Voter id/driving license.
The official website of UGC has mentioned that ID proofs issued by colleges, universities or coaching classes/Adhar card receipts without actual Adhar card/ID proofs images on the mobile phones are strictly not allowed to the center and will not be counted as a valid ID proof.
6. Candidates belonging to the PwD category must carry the PwD certificate issued by the respective authority.
7. Candidates should carefully read the instructions mentioned in the admit card.
8. Candidates should reach the exam center on the mentioned timing. Those who reach the center late i.e. after the gate has been closed, are not allowed to give the exam.
9. At the end of the exam, candidates are supposed to return the rough papers and admit cards to the invigilator.
10. Candidates should enter all the details correctly on the attendance sheet and make sure that the left thumb impression is not distorted and is clear.
These are the UGC Exam guidelines that candidates need to follow on the day of the exam. Now let’s take a look at what are the guidelines that candidates are not allowed to do in the examination.
- Candidates should not carry any water bottles (packaged or loose) and eatables in the exam center.
- Candidates should not carry any electric devices/gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, cameras, tape recorders, etc. Also, pen/pencil boxes, watches, earphones and log tables are not allowed.
- Candidates are not allowed to follow any unfair activities like cheating in the examination.
UGC has also implemented additional guidelines for the candidates in order to avoid hassle during the ongoing pandemic. UGC Exam guidelines 2020 includes the following.
- Candidates should wear a mask and gloves in the exam center without fail.
- Candidates should install the Aarogya Setu app on their mobile phones. If the candidate’s health status is moderate or risky, then those candidates are not allowed to appear for the exam.
- Candidates should carry a sanitizer bottle of their own.
- Candidates will only be allowed to enter the examination hall after they have been checked with thermo guns by the authorities in the exam center.
- In case any of the candidates has any symptoms of COVID-19 then those candidates are not allowed to appear for the exam.
This was the complete UGC Exam guidelines 2020. Candidates appearing for the UGC NET 2020 Exam should strictly follow these guidelines. As per the ongoing pandemic, candidates should especially follow the rules mentioned above. Remember to carry the admit cards along and reach the center before the allotted timing.
Public Sector Jobs