The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combat Graduate level exam each year with the motive of providing jobs to youth in various government departments. Candidates who clear this exam are eligible for various positions in the departments/ministry and officer level posts in the government sector.
There are lakhs of candidates who appear for this exam every year as a job in the government sector provides a lot of stability. Candidates are eligible for many other benefits like good income, job security, paid leaves, etc. Hence, this field attracts many individuals. The SSC CGL exam date 2020 for tier 2 has not been announced yet but the notification is expected to be released this month i.e. 15th September 2020.
SSC CGL exam for tier 1 has already been conducted and the results are announced in July 2020. The tentative dates for rest of the tiers i.e tier 2, tier 3 and tier 4 are as follows:-
Official Exam Events
Notification for Tier 2
15th September 2020
Online Application Form filling
15th September 2020
Online Application form filling ends
15th October 2020
Exam Date for Tier 2
Yet to be announced
Tier 3 Exam Date
Tier 4 Exam Date
Yet to be announced
SSC CGL Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
The exam pattern for SSC CGL is as follows:-
- The exam is conducted via four tiers i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Tier 1 is an MCQ type of written examination that consists of topics related to General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Aptitude and English Comprehension.
- The total weightage of the paper is 200 marks and the duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- The total number of questions asked in Tier 1 is 200 where 50 questions are asked from each topic.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Tier 2 is also an MCQ type of written examination that consists of topics related to English Language and Comprehension, Arithmetic Ability, Maths/Commerce and Economics/Statistics.
- Candidates have to attempt any 2 or 3 papers depending on the post for which they have applied.
- The weightage of each paper is 200 marks and the duration for each of these is 2 hours.
- 100 questions are asked from each of the topics mentioned above.
- Negative marking is applicable for each wrong answer unlike tier 1.
- Tier 3 consists of a detailed question and answer paper where candidates are supposed to write essays, letters or application writing.
- Tier 4 consists of a computer test where a candidate’s typing speed and knowledge related to spreadsheets and making presentations are evaluated.
This was the complete exam pattern and SSC CGL Syllabus. Candidates are advised to prepare thoroughly for the exam and refer to the detailed syllabus from the official website.
SSC CGL Application form and fees:
The online application form for SSC CGL Tier 2 is yet to be released by the officials. Candidates are supposed to log in on their website and fill out the form with all the necessary documents mentioned on the portal.
The application fees for the exam is Rs 1oo. However, candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwD, Ex-Servicemen and women are exempted from the payment of fees.
SSC CGL Exam Centers:
Candidates should choose three exam centers according to their preferences. The centers are set up almost in every state so candidates should check it and select the one that is near to them.
SSC CGL result:
The SSC CGL result for tier 1 has been declared on the official website of the SSC. The exam for further rounds i.e. tier 2, tier 3 and tier 4 is yet to be announced by the officials.
SSC CGL Job Opportunities:
Candidates who clear this exam are eligible for the following positions:-
- Assistants in Ministry/Departments/CSS/CVV.
- Sub-Inspector in Narcotics, CBI/ Income tax Inspector.
- Accountants (Both senior and Junior level)
- Tax assistants
- Audits Officer
The SSC CGL is one such government exam that is beneficial to individuals as there are a lot of job opportunities for the same. The level of this exam is tough as lakhs of candidates appear for this exam each year. Candidates preparing for tier 2 should put in a lot of hard work and dedication for covering the entire syllabus as the SSC CGL exam date is near.