Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC JE test to recruit candidates for the post of a Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying and Contracts) for different departments by the Government of India. Working under SSC as a Junior Engineer is considered as one of the prestigious positions as it is a Central Government's Job. Therefore, to crack the exam, you need to follow certain SSC JE Preparation Strategy.
The selection process for SSC JE exam consists of two phases:
- Online computer based exam of two hours for 200 marks.
- Offline or Physical exam for 300 marks (Duration not specified).
The questions basically come from the core engineering sections (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical) along with the General Knowledge and Aptitude Section.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
PAPER – 1
PAPER – 2
SSC JE Paper – 2 can be quite lengthy and time-consuming. It is a physical assessment and consists of:
Stage A – General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
Stage B – General Engineering (Electrical)
Stage C – General Engineering (Mechanical)
General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
General Engineering (Electrical)
General Engineering (Mechanical)
SSC JE Tips to crack the exam in first attempt
Since there are two kinds of exams, the candidate must be prepared well in advance and for that the following strategies can be useful.
1. Be Aware: You must know the syllabus inside out so that there are no issues during the preparation time. Thoroughly read the syllabus and mark your weak areas and begin with them. This is one of the important SSC JE Tips to crack the exam with ease.
2. Prepare a Schedule: Prepare a schedule until the exam date so that you can complete the topics and revise in the given period of time. Timetable is helpful in completing the preparation within a specific period of time.
3. Take Notes: While preparing for a particular topic, take notes of the formulas or phrases so that you can revise and memorize them.
4. Memorize: Since it is an engineering exam so you need to be well-prepared. Memorize all the formulas and phrases for both paper – 1 and paper – 2.
5. Go through the practice books: You need to practice mock tests and sample papers both online and offline. Buy books for different sections and practice them thoroughly and also solve previous year’s question papers to have a better understanding of the exam pattern.
SSC JE Preparation Strategy Subject-wise
1. GENERAL INTELLIGENCE:
- This section consists of logical reasoning questions.
- This section might be time-consuming therefore, the candidate is advised to solve mock tests and sample papers.
- They can also look into the previous year’s question papers.
2. GENERAL AWARENESS:
- Read a variety of books, magazines and newspapers.
- Be aware of the current affairs.
- Read about day-to-day changes taking place in the country in terms of Economy, GDP, Educational Sectors etc.
3. GENERAL ENGINEERING (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Theoretical and practical based questions.
- Practice the questions within a given time frame for better time management during the exam.
- Memorize the formulae and other numerical terms and phrases.
Books for cracking the exam
- A Modern approach to Verbal and Non – Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal.
- SSC Junior Engineer Civil and Structural Engineering Recruitment Guide by Disha Prakashan.
- MES Junior Engineers Examination Civil Engineering by GK Publication.
- Kiran SSC Junior Engineering Exam Electrical Guide by Kiran Prakashan.
- SSC Junior Engineering 15 Practices by GK Publication.
- SSC Junior Engineering Mechanical Exam Guide by Ramesh Publication.
- SSC CWC / MES 2018 Mechanical Engineering by GK Publications.
SSC JE Paper – 1 ranges from moderate to difficult whereas Paper – 2 ranges from easy to difficult. This exam consists of logical and numerical questions. Therefore, this paper is quite time-consuming.
This was all about the SSC JE Tips to crack the exam in first attempt where you need to be prepared well in advance before the exam takes place. And for that the preparation tips and strategies are listed above. You can adhere to them so that you can clear the paper in the first attempt. For exam related inquiries and further information you can log on to www.ssc.nic.in.