The SSC CPO stands for the Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization. This exam is conducted for the post of a Sub – Inspector in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF’s) and Assistant Sub – Inspector (ASI) in CISF. Candidates who wish to do government jobs apply for such exams. Here we will discuss about SSC CPO Exam i.e. Vacancies, job profile, salary and allowances.
But before that, let's look at some of the important information regarding the exam.
SSC CPO is a competitive exam and the amount of applicants that appear for the examination is large. To crack the exam one needs to know the exam pattern, the structure and the syllabus for the same. The preparation must be in full swing and unwavering. This exam consists of four sections i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension, General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notification regarding the recruitment of Sub – Inspector (SI), Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF’s) and Assistant Sub – Inspector in CISF. A lot of candidates have applied for the jobs this year due to the attractive pay scale and allowances. The salary regarding the job of SSC CPO has seen a reasonable hike due to the implementation of the 7th pay commission. The basic salary for the job is Rs. 35,500 and the gross salary is Rs. 47,496. The pre revised had ranged between Rs. 9300 – 34800.
SSC CPO 2020 Vacancies
The total number of SSC CPO 2020 vacancies range from 1500 – 1600 which is divided into several posts. There is also a certain reservation for classes as quoted by the SSC. It is distinctly explained as below:
Sub – Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces
Sub – Inspector in Delhi Police (Male)
Sub – Inspector in Delhi Police (Female)
There are certain categories or classes under which the vacancies are divided. They are Unreserved (UR), EWS, OBC, ST and SC. It is shown elaborately in a tabular form below.
S.I Delhi Police (Male)
S.I Delhi Police (Female)
Sub – Inspector in CAPF’s
SSC CPO: No. of Posts
- Delhi Police Sub – Inspector
- Border Security Force (BSF) Sub – Inspector
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Sub – Inspector
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Sub – Inspector
- Indo Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF) Sub – Inspector
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Sub – Inspector
- Assistant Sub – Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
SSC CPO 2020 Salary & allowances
Let's take a look at SSC CPO Salary & allowances according to the various posts.
Sub – Inspector in CAPF
Pay Band 2
INR 36,000 – 1,12,500/-
Sub –Inspector (Executive) (Male/Female)
Pay Band 2
INR 36,000 – 1,12,500/-
Assistant Sub – Inspector (Executive) in CISF
Pay Band 1
INR 29,200 – 93,000/-
The candidates who get recruited for the job are subjected to many allowances and perks which differ according to the posts. The allowances provided are:
- Home Rental Allowances (HRA)
- Travel Allowances (TA)
- Dearness Allowances (DA)
- Dearness on Travel Allowances (DTA)
SSC CPO 2020 Job Profile
SSC CPO members work for the betterment of the country. Various SSC CPO job profiles are listed below:
1. Delhi Police
- Maintaining law & order in Delhi
- Arrest with or without a warrant
- A Sub – Inspector can call you to give certain documents that are required for the investigation.
- Register an FIR against a person.
- All the cases of the IPC and special and various laws passed by the governments are investigated by Sub – Inspectors and Inspectors.
2. Border Security Force (BSF)
- To protect Indo – Pakistan and Indo – Bangladesh border.
- To encourage a sense of protection among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans – border crimes.
- To prevent unauthorized entries and exits in the territory.
- Anti – Infiltration duties.
3. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Provide security to industrial sectors and government infrastructure.
- The industrial sector includes Thermal Power Plants, Mines, Steel Plants etc.
- Controlling Naxalites and Riots.
4. Indo – Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- To protect the border between India & China.
- To prevent illegal immigration and smuggling.
- To provide security to VIP’s.
- To restore order when there in distress.
- To maintain peace.
5. Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Prevention of cross border crimes.
- Anti – National activities are investigated by this team of officers.
- Maintaining security & brotherhood.
6. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Provide securities to PSU’s.
- To protect the government infrastructure and their projects.
- Security to the people nominated by Home Ministry.
- Security related measures on Delhi Metro.
There is a reasonable amount of career growth in SSC CPO profession. There are salary hikes, promotions, allowances in this job. For more details regarding the SSC CPO Exam, log on to www.ssc.nic.in.