SSC CHSL is a Central Government exam which is conducted for recruiting postal assistants, sorting assistants, data entry operators, lower – divisional clerks etc. The overall difficulty of the exam ranges from easy to medium. SSC has announced the exam dates for the leftover candidates. The exams will be conducted from October 12 – 16, October 19 – 26, 2020. In this article, we will cover SSC CHSL 2020 Exam day guidelines for all the aspirants who wish to appear for this exam.
SSC CHSL Exam guide
To appear for an examination it is better to know about the exam pattern and structure. SSC CHSL Exam guide is given below to explain the same.
Name of the Exam
SSC CHSL Level
Conducting of Exams
Once a Year
Phase 1: Online Test
Phase 2: Offline Test
Phase 3: Skill Test
Phase 1 & 2: 60 minutes
Phase 3: 15 minutes
Selection for the post of LDC, PA, SA & DEO
English & Hindi
SSC CHSL Important Dates
The dates for the exam have been released on the official site. Candidates can check from the same. The dates are listed below as well:
Subjects / Information
November 29, 2019
SSC CHSL Registration
December 3, 2019
Last day to submit application
January 10, 2020
Fee Payment (Online)
January 12, 2020
Fee Payment (Offline)
January 14, 2020
New Admit Cards to be released
Exam Date – Phase I
August 17 – 27, 2020
Exam Date for Leftover Candidates
October 12 – 27, 2020
Exam Date – Phase II
To be announced
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam day Guidelines
1. There will be no Biometric registration. The authorities will retain one at the time of the exam.
2. Candidates must reach the venue well before the examination starts. No candidate will be allowed after the exam has started.
3. To avoid crowds, candidates are advised to visit the campus / venue day before the exam takes place.
4. Don’t carry watches or any electronic gadgets as this will be counted in Unfair Means (UFM).
5. Candidates cannot appear for the examination more than once.
6. Candidates must wear their own masks and carry their sanitizers. However, upon entering the examination hall new masks and gloves will be provided.
7. Candidates can carry their transparent water bottles and one ball – point pen.
8. Along with the pens and bottles, candidates must carry the self – declaration form, admit card, passport size photographs (2-5), an identity proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license or any other proof).
9. Check the eligibility criteria and then apply for the examination.
10. Do not wear bracelets or bangles.
11. Before the examination, candidates have to undergo frisking through a detector.
12. No candidate is allowed to carry bags in the examination hall.
13. Computers will have the electronic watches.
14. No candidate is allowed to leave the examination hall before time.
15. Every candidate will leave the examination hall after the exam is completed.
16. The furniture, computers will be cleaned and sanitized by the service providers after every round of the exam.
17. Candidates must carry their admit cards to be submitted in the examination hall.
18. Each candidate will be provided with 2 sheets of paper and more will be provided if needed.
19. After the exam is completed, candidates will dump the sheets in the box provided outside the examination hall.
20. Follow the social distance norms.
21. The temperature of the candidate will be checked with the help of Thermo guns. Any candidate who is found unwell will not be allowed to give the exam.
22. After the commencement of the examination, an attendance sheet will be passed on to the candidates for signature.
23. You can also check the guidelines on www.ssc.nic.in.
24. Do not wear expensive jewellery or watches.
25. Wear light coloured casual clothes.
26. Do not wear boots or any expensive or high – fashioned footwear.
27. Do not carry phones or calculators.
28. Candidates cannot carry food or any beverage item in the examination hall.
29. Gold chains or nose-pins are also not advisable.
30. Time relaxation of 20 minutes is given to the PWD category.
The candidates are advised to follow the SSC CHSL 2020 Exam day guidelines mentioned above in order to appear for the exam. The higher authorities have the right to cancel the exam in case the candidate is not seen with proper documents. Therefore, the candidate must follow all the guidelines mentioned above for smooth running of the examination. For further details or queries candidates can log on to www.ssc.nic.in.