SSC MTS is a national level examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. This exam is conducted for recruitment to central government posts of Multi – Tasking Staff. Candidates get a chance to work in various departments and ministries to enhance their career growth. The work of SSC MTS includes photocopying, sending Fax reports etc. This article discusses the SSC MTS career growth and other opportunities in SSC MTS jobs.
SSC MTS Salary Structure
We are providing the SSC MTS Salary structure for all the aspirants as per the post. The salary ranges from Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- . The structure is provided below:
SSC MTS Posts
MTS (GP 1800)
MTS (GP 1800)
MTS (GP 1800)
CITY – X
CITY – Y
CITY – Z
DA on TA (12%)
NPS (10% of Basic + DA)
CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme)
CGEGIS (Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme)
SSC MTS Job Profile
If you apply for the job there are various tasks you need to do. In this job you need to keep the records of important projects. The cleanliness of the department will also be your responsibility. Make sure that the departments are cleaned and sanitized.
You can also assist your superiors in the office work thereby, having a clear understanding of the office work. You also need to take care of the lawn and the plants. Make sure that the lawn is clean and the plants are watered. Apart from that you can also get extra work from the higher authorities.
SSC MTS Career Growth
SSC MTS has a good career growth in terms of salaries and promotions. Some of them are listed below:
1. Yearly Promotions / Increments: Yearly salary or the increments are paid at the rate of 3% of the total pay. Therefore, the pay scale is good and so are the opportunities.
2. Promotional Salaries: There are promotional increments under various departments on several occasions. Some get promotions or bonuses on various festivals or occasions and the other promotions are yearly or based on work experiences.
The Grade Pay increases in the following way:
- First promotion is provided with an increment of Rs. 1,900/- after three years of service in the department.
- Second promotion is provided with an increment of Rs. 2,000/- after three years of service in the department.
- Third promotion is provided with an increment of Rs. 2,400/- after five years of service in the department.
*(These promotions can reach up to 5,000 – 6,000/-)
There are various opportunities for career growth in SSC MTS posts. Increments are based on the work experience. Pension Schemes, Post-Retirement Benefits and medical benefits are given along with the increments and promotions. You can be an Operator, Peon, Junior Operator, Watchman and much more under SSC MTS job posts. Therefore, SSC MTS Career growth can be a lot. For further details regarding admissions and exams you can log onto www.ssc.nic.in.