SSC CPO has released its official notification for 2019-20 which has got all the important information related to recruitment, vacancies, syllabus, exam pattern, and all the other relevant topic
SSC CPO 2020 Application Form
Those who are interested to apply for the examination are required to get the application form using the SSC CPO Apply Online mode, go to the official website of ssc cpo and apply for the application form
SSC CPO 2020 Vacancies
The tentative Vacancy for SSC CPO 2020 exam is released in the notification. Check SSC CPO vacancy table in the image.
Sub-Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces
Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police (Male)
Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police (Female)
SSC CPO 2020 Exam all important Dates
The SSC CPO 2020 exam dates have been once again revised. To know new examination dates refer to the table given below-
SSC CPO 2020-21 Notification
SSC CPO 2020 Notification Date
17th June 2020
Online Form submission Start
17th June 2020
Last Date to Apply Online for SSC CPO 2020
16th July 2020
Last date for generation of offline Challan
20th July 2020
Last date for payment through Challan
(during working hours of Bank)
22nd July 2020
Admit Card of Paper-I
SSC CPO 2020 Paper-I
23rd to 26th November 2020
SSC CPO PET/PST [Physical Test]
to be notified later
Admit Card of Paper-II
SSC CPO 2020 Paper-II
12th July 2021
- The Candidate has to be the citizen of India or else if he/she is Refugee from Bhutan, Nepal or Tibet, than he/she need to provide proof of their establishment date that they came to India on I st, January 1962 with the purpose to settle.
- A person with Indian origination migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Zambia, Malawi, East African Countries of Uganda, Ethiopia and Vietnam and come here to settle permanently in India can also apply for the exam.
- The candidate appearing for SSC CPO should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from some renowned University.
- To be qualified for the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police the Male candidates (only) should have a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) as on the date decided for Endurance and Standard Tests.
- If they are without a valid Driving License they won’t be allowed to appear for the Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
- The minimum age limit is 20 and the maximum age is 25 years as of Jan 2020. There will be age relaxation for SC / ST. The upper age relaxation is 5 years and lower age relaxation will be 3 years
SSC CPO 2020 Syllabus:
SSC CPO Syllabus Paper-I
In SSC CPO Paper-1 there are 4 main sections below mentioned is the detailed syllabus of SSC CPO Paper-1
Verbal Reasoning | Syllogism | Circular Seating Arrangement | Linear Seating | Arrangement | Double Lineup | Scheduling | Input-Output | Blood Relations | Directions and Distances | Ordering and Ranking |Data Sufficiency | Coding and Decoding | Code Inequalities
Current Affairs | Awards and Honours | Books and Authors | Sports | Entertainment | Obituaries | Important Dates | Scientific Research
Percentage | Ratio and Percentage | Data Interpretation | Mensuration and Geometry | Quadratic Equation | Interest Problems of Ages | Profit and Loss | Number Series | Speed, Distance and Time | Time and Work | Number System | Data Sufficiency
Reading Comprehension | Grammar | Vocabulary | Verbal Ability | Synonyms-Antonyms | Active and Passive Voice | Para Jumbles | Fill in the Blanks | Error Correction
SSC CPO 2020 Exam Syllabus Paper-II
English Language & Comprehension: Questions are prepared to the understanding and knowledge of the English language, and also includes error type questions, synonyms, antonyms, spelling, fill in the blanks, detecting misspelled words, etc.
SSC CPO 2020 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for SSC CPO is objective and will constitute of all the MCQ type of questions. The paper will be in both English as well as Hindi language. The negative marking will be 0.25 for every mistake that the candidate will make in the paper. The SSC CPO 2020 Exam will be divided into three stages as mentioned below-
Exam Pattern for Paper-1
PET, PST and Medical Test
SSC CPO Medical Test
Eligibility Criteria for the Medical Test is mentioned below:
Medical exam is conducted for candidates who qualify the Paper 2 exam and found medically fit. Candidates are examined by the medical officer of the CAPF or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
Eye sight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both
eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity.
Candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector as a part of the training curriculum have to pass seven obstacles:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope
Exam Pattern for Paper-2
This paper comprises objective type questions from English Language and Comprehension. There will be 200 questions in the paper. Candidates need to complete the paper within 2 hours. Questions are designed to test the candidates' understanding and knowledge of English Language.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020: Marking Scheme
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper 1 and 2.
- For the correct answer, candidates will score 1 mark.
- Marks scored by candidates will be normalized to prepare the result
Normalization of Marks
Marks scored in Computer Based Examination will be normalised. Such normalised scores will be used to determine the final merit and cut off marks. Normalisation is done since the exam is conducted in multi-shifts and to take into account any variation in the difficulty levels of question papers across different shifts.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020 for Physical Endurance Test
For male candidates
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metre in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metre in 3 chance
For female candidates
- 100 metre race in 18 seconds
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metre in 3 chances
All the best to All the aspirants of SSC CPO 2020 !