Everyone must wonder what is CLASS 12 ARTS? It is nothing but a stream of HUMANITIES OR ARTS that offers students a host of opportunities in various fields like mass communication, psychology and teaching. There are two options, i.e. students can either work or can go to college after the 12th completion. Most of the students are curious to know whether there are some unique career options after 12th that they can pursue.
Moreover, Students who have completed their Class 12 will be looking for the particular course they would prefer to enter and some of them will seek jobs. There are few Government jobs available after the completion of class 12 as well.
Students who are interested in arts seek various courses that are available in the college. The subjects that come under the arts stream are History, Economics, Literature, Mass Communication, Fashion Design, etc. Students of Arts, Commerce, and science can pursue BA degrees. There are many professional courses after 12th which we shall see further. Check the list of BA programmes and other art courses below:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication ( B.J.M.)
- Bachelor of Fashion Design (B.F.D.)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management ( B.H.M.)
Apart from this, there are various government competitive exams after 12th arts that students can opt for. Students can Seek multiple Government jobs after class 12 as given below.
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Indian Coast Guard
- Security Forces
For students who are seeking government jobs, an arts degree is helpful in clearing the below competitive exams.
- UPSC / Civil Services
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Bank Po (IBPS)
Bachelor of Arts: A Lucrative Career
Bachelor of Arts is a three- year program. This covers a wide range of options ranging from English, Languages, History, Philosophy, Political Science etc.
Art has two divisions:
- Fine Arts ( Literature and performing act and activities)
- Applied Arts (Architecture )
List of BA Programs after 12th completion:
Duration of the Course
About the Course/ Career scope
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
A good option for candidates who want to prepare for UPSC/ Civil service exams.
The course will help the students to develop skills in creating original designs for garments, luggage, Jewellery, footwear etc. The course will help boost the creative level of the students.
Journalism and Mass communication
Journalism plays a vital role in everyone’s life whereas mass communication deals with the media to spread messages. There are lots of opportunities in media houses, Newspapers, News Channels, Radio stations, ad agencies, etc
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Fine arts courses after 12th will be suitable for those who are interested in the creative side of things
This course will help the students to develop the required skills in the area of food production, housekeeping, catering, food and beverage services, etc.
Students may also get opportunities overseas.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The course will develop the business skills among the students by giving a clear explanation of various aspects of business, economy etc. The employability is high for this course.
The above-given table gives an idea about the ARTS scope.
High Salary Courses after 12th Science & arts
- BACHELOR OF ARTS (B.A.): ₹433,016 (Avg. Salary)
- JOB AND REQUIRED SALARY: Content writer(₹277k), Executive Assistant (₹360k), Human resources (HR)Manager(₹723k)
- POPULAR COMPANIES FOR BACHELOR OF ARTS (BA) DEGREE: Accenture (₹313k-₹2m), HDFC Bank Pvt Ltd (₹190k- ₹924k), Tata consultancy services limited (₹199k-₹2m), HCL Technologies Ltd.(₹204k-₹2M).
- BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS SALARY IN INDIA: ₹530,422(Avg. Salary)
- JOB AND REQUIRED SALARY: Graphic DESIGNER (₹357K), Senior Graphic Designer (₹525k), Creative Director (₹1m).
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BBA) DEGREE: ₹442,251(Avg. Salary)
- JOB AND REQUIRED SALARY: Human resources (HR) Manager(₹653k), Financial analyst(₹353k), Marketing Manager (₹592k).
- BACHELOR OF JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION IN INDIA: ₹4267,474(Avg. Salary)
- JOB AND REQUIRED SALARY: Content Writer(₹269k), Copywriter (₹338k), Marketing Executive(₹332k).
- BACHELOR OF FASHION DESIGN DEGREE: ₹593,218(Avg. Salary)
- JOB AND REQUIRED SALARY: Fashion Designer(₹448k), Design Manager(₹1m)
- BACHELOR OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT DEGREE: ₹1,370,000(Avg. Salary)
- JOB AND REQUIRED SALARY: Area Manager, Retail(₹750k), General Manager, Hotel(₹1m).
The candidates who have completed their Class 12 in arts can directly apply for these courses. Some colleges may conduct entrance exams for arts courses. Art students can also consider courses in Law, Animation and Multimedia, Aviation, Fashion Designing which offer enormous exposure and career opportunities.
These are some of the best and high salary courses after class 12th arts. There are lots of divisions and courses under Arts. It's a vast area to cover. Those who are interested in literature, History, Fashion Arts are the best options to create your uniqueness in the field. All the best to all the aspirants.