Reading is considered to be a good habit. There are many benefits of reading like it increases empathy and sympathy, strengthens the brain, gives a new perspective and so on. So, it is important to inculcate the habit of reading among students. For this, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has included some reference books and novels in the syllabus to inculcate the habit of reading among the students of all classes.
Reading will help the students to enhance their vocabulary and reduce stress. So, to begin let’s take a look at some of the best books for 8th graders to read that will benefit them in their studies.
- My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durell
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- Rumi by Farookh Dhondy
- The Room on the Roof by Ruskin Bond
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- You are born to Blosson by APJ Abdul Kalam
- The Book of Simple Living by Ruskin Bond
- Hope was Here by Joan Bauer
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
- The Guide by R.K Narayan
- I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
These are some of the books every 8th grader should read. Reading helps in improving your vocabulary and also increases the memorizing power. Students of every class must read books or novels. So let’s take a look at books for class 9th.
Story books for Class 9th
There are various books that you must read to improve your vocabulary. This will help you in the future for higher studies. This also improves your concentration power while preparing for exams. Below are the books that you must read.
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D Salinger
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Daughter from a Wishing Tree by Sudha Murthy
- Circus Folks & Village Freaks by Aparna Upadhyay Sanyal
- Love for Imperfect Things by Haemin Sunim
- Catch – 22 by Joseph Heller
- Three Men in a Boat by Jerome. K
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde
- The Hounds of Baskerville by Arthur Conan Doyle
The above–mentioned books are some of the best novels which can improve your vocabulary and help you in releasing stress. Books offer a new world to the students that reduce depression and anxiety and improve and strengthens the brain.
Story Books for Class 7th
Reading books is a good habit. Books help in mental stimulation and increase knowledge about certain things. Thus, right from childhood parents must motivate children to read. Below is the list of books for class 7th students.
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- A Place to Belong by Cynthia Kadohata
- The American Fairy Trilogy by Sarah Zettel
- Diary Queen Series by Catherine Gilbert
- The Hunger Game Series by Suzanne Collins
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney’s
- Cherub Series by Robert Muchamore
These are some of the books that a 7th grader must read. Now let’s take a look at some of the challenging books for 8th graders. These books will help you in brainstorming and will reduce stress. Thus, the knowledge will be increased and will help in the future with higher studies.
- Buddha Boy by Kathe Koja
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Kaffir Boy: The True Story of a Black Youth’s Coming to Age in Apartheid in South Africa by Mark Mathabane
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Eleanor Roosevelt: A Life of Discovery by Rusell Freedman
- Physics: What Matter Matters! By Dan Green
- Rebecca of Sunnybook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin
- The Hitchkiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Series by Douglas Adams and Thomas Tidholm
- House of Night by P.C Cast
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green
- Dreamland by Alyson Noel
- Glass by Ellen Hopkins
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
These books will help the student to think from a different perspective. Along with this, below is the list of some of the English novels for class 8th CBSE. You must refer to these books for giving exams. This will lead to better preparation for the exams.
- The Best Christmas Present in the World
- The Ant & the Cricket
- The Tsunami
- Geography Lesson
- Glimpses of the Past
- Bepin Chaudhary’s Lapse of Memory
- The Last Bargain
- The Summit Within
- The School Boy
- This is Jody’s Fawn
- A Visit to Cambridge
- When I Set Out for Leyonnesse
- A Short Monsoon Diary
- The Great Stone Face – I
- The Great Stone Face – II
The above – mentioned books in the article are some of the books which will enhance your vocabulary. Now, let’s take a look at some of the reference books that are important from the exam point of view for class 8th.
- Full Marks Guide of Science for Class 8th
- Oxford New Science in everyday life textbook for class 8th
- BMA’s IIT Foundation Explorer Physics for Class 8th
- BMA’s IIT Foundation Explorer Chemistry for Class 8th
- S. Chand A Compact and Comprehensive IIT Foundation Science Physics and Chemistry for Class 8th
- Frank Top Graders Guide for Science for Class 8th
- Golden Science by N.K Sharma
- NCERT books
The above–mentioned books are helpful for students studying in their class 8th. Books help in having a different perspective and opinion. It also helps in the long run when students go for further studies. It improves the writing skills and releases you from the stress or depression that occurs due to the curricular subjects.
These were the best books for 8th graders to read. You can read other books as well as per your choice. Reading books helps in strengthening the brain and aids various problems like insomnia, anxiety, stress and depression. Thus, everyone must inculcate the habit of reading.