What is Fashion? Many of you might be wondering if there is a proper definition to this. Well, fashion is defined as the way of dressing or behaving according to what is in trend at a particular point of time. Fashion includes things like attire, clothing, behavioural patterns, workout practices and much more. Fashion plays an important role in society.
The importance of clothing in society is seen when people come together and celebrate their own individuality. Yes, fashion helps people of different cultures to come together. For instance, in India people have accepted the western culture and its fashion too. People are wearing jeans, tops and celebrating Christmas which is a European festival. We can also see women getting dressed up in traditional attire in the European countries. Fashion helps the people in accepting each other’s culture and heritage. Thus, fashion and culture are brought together.
Now, what is the importance of fashion? Fashion helps us in bringing out our history and culture. This heritage is represented among other cultures on national and international platforms. Clothes have their own story to tell. It is advisable to wear the clothes you are comfortable in. Fashion and comfort go hand in hand. You are fashionable if you wear clothes that are comfortable for you. This will boost up your confidence as you will be able to keep up with the trend in the society.
Along with such positive impacts, there are some negative impacts too. Some people might not be able to afford fashionable clothing which thereby leads to a loss of confidence. This affects the self – esteem of some people. People suffer from emotional bullying. In the worst case scenario, when people are not able to afford such valuables, they stoop down to committing crimes. Burglary, chain snatching and others are the crimes that people commit in order to obtain somebody else’s valuables.
Is Fashion important for Students?
Well, as we have discussed above, fashion is very important for society. It has its negative as well as positive impacts.
Now, let us look at how fashion is important for students. Students can make a career out of fashion by applying for various diploma and undergraduate courses. Below are some of the online courses that the students can undertake. These courses are available in foreign countries. Therefore, students who wish to make fashion a full – fledged career can apply for these courses.
- Understanding Fashion: From Business to Culture (offered by IFM)
- Sustainable Fashion Course (Offered by Copenhagen Business School)
- Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies (offered by Universita Bocconi)
- Design: Creation of Artifacts in Society (offered by University of Pennsylvania)
- Fashion and Diversity (offered by London College of Fashion)
These are some of the courses which are offered by the foreign universities. Now, let’s take a look at the undergraduate courses in Fashion.
- B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Designing
- B.Sc in Fashion Business and Retail Management
- B.Sc in Lifestyle and Accessory Design
- B.Des in Textile Designing
- B.Des in Fashion Designing
- B.Des in Leather Designing
- B.Des in Accessory Designing
- B.Des in Knitwear Designing
- B.Des in Apparel Production
- B.Des in Fashion Communication
- B.A (Hons.) in Fashion Designing
- B.A (Hons.) in Fashion Styling and Image Designing
- B.A (Hons.) in Communication Design
- B.A (Hons.) in Jewellery Designing
Some of the post – graduate courses are:
- MBA in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management
- MBA in Fashion Designing and Business Management
- MBA in Textile Designing
- M.Sc in Fashion Designing
Some of the diploma courses in Fashion are listed below:
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Apparel Merchandising
- Diploma in Fashion Communication
- Advanced Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Specialization courses in Fashion Journalism, Theatre Costume Designing, Fashion Styling, Fashion Forecasting, Fashion and Law
These are all the courses under fashion that students can apply. Fashion is important for the students as they learn about the culture and heritage of different countries.
Moreover, students can try and design clothes in their own way depicting a combination of two or more cultures. Fashion can help students in understanding the attire of different countries and their related stories. Fashion represents our culture and history which is very important. This is the need of fashion in a student’s and everybody’s life. Students can therefore undertake any of the above-mentioned courses which will help them in having a promising career.
What are the latest fashion trends and it’s impact on the society? This question is often asked by the students. Fashion trends are changed every now and then but every fashion trend leaves an impact on society. The values and morals are established along with fashion trends. People wear clothes that suit their culture and values. Society evolves and adapts to the different fashion trends. Therefore, fashion brings in a lot of values of different cultures together through which the society develops.
Role of nutrition in child development