Entrance Exams are one of the most important exams that determine the future of the students. The exam conducting body is NTA (National Testing Agency). Many students give these exams to gain admission to top colleges and universities. There are many government and private colleges that conduct undergraduate and postgraduate entrance exams.
Delhi University is one such university that conducts postgraduate entrance exams for many subjects like English, Mathematics, Science and many more. The mode of DUET (Delhi University Entrance Test) is online.
The duration of the exam is 2 hours that consists of multiple-choice questions. For each correct answer, the student gets +4 marks and for every incorrect answer, a student gets a deduction of 1 mark. But it is important to know the DU entrance exam syllabus along with knowing the exam pattern.
The syllabus of DU varies with the subjects. So, let us take a look at some of the subjects along with their syllabus.
1. M.A in Hindi:
Students will get questions on literature from the 10th century to the present times. The students will only be marked on the knowledge that they have acquired in Hindi literature.
2. M.Sc. in Mathematics Education:
Students need to keep in mind that how much weightage each topic holds in the exam.
- Mathematic Skills – 40%
- Mathematics Education – 20%
- General English Language – 10%
- Reasoning and Mental Ability – 15%
- General Awareness – 15%
This is just to give the students an overview of what they should expect in the exams. The official site of DU has uploaded the syllabus. Students can check from the site.
3. M.A in CIL (Comparative Indian Literature):
The syllabus includes:
- Authors of different Indian languages including Sanskrit and Indian English Writers.
- Important texts and Literary Journals in Indian Languages like Sanskrit or Hindi.
- Important Historical, Literary and Socio–Cultural Events of India.
- Popular India and Western Literary Theory.
4. M.A Political Science:
Students may want to pursue master’s in political science and further go for a doctorate course. Political science includes subjects like comparative politics, political economy, public administration, public policy etc. The link for the syllabus is given below:
5. M.A Philosophy:
Philosophy is an important subject including subjects like metaphysics, epistemology, philosophical tradition, value theory and history of philosophy. The exam syllabus for the same is given below:
6. M.A in Lifelong Learning and Extension Entrance Test:
The syllabus will include the following sections:
- The questions will be related to Social Sciences, Humanities and Commerce General Science.
- Some questions will be related to programs like Social Development, Adult Education and Continuing Education.
- Students must have general information about the discipline of Adult Education and Lifelong Learning.
7. M.Sc. Biochemistry:
Biotechnology is a combination of medicine and engineering. Students can go for this course if they want to work in research labs or laboratories. The syllabus is as follows:
- Essential Molecules of Life
- Proteins and Enzymes
- Metabolism of Carbohydrates, Lipids, Amino Acids and Nucleotides
- Cell Biology, Membrane Biology and Bioenergetics
- Human Physiology and Hormones
- Gene Organization, Replication, DNA Repair, Transcription and Gene Expression
- Concepts in Genetics
- Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
8. M.A in Punjabi:
Punjabi is taken by some of the students who wish to pursue masters. The exam is of 100 marks that includes comprehensive parts like history of the literature. The link for the syllabus is given below.
Law is an interesting course to choose from. After completing LL.B., students can go for the LL.M. program. This will enhance job opportunities and will result in good career growth. Students need to keep the following details in mind.
- The LL.M. Entrance Test will be held ONLINE at various centers which shall be notified by the University. The schedule of the test shall be notified later.
- The Test shall be of two hours duration. The Test Paper will consist of one question paper containing 100 objective-type questions with multiple choice answers relating to
- Constitutional Law of India
- Law of Contracts
- Sale of Goods
- Law of Torts
- Consumer Protection
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Public International Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Cyber Law
- Environment Law
- Company Law and Partnership. In addition, a few questions may come from contemporary legal issues.
- The language of the Entrance Test shall be English.
- The general instructions to the candidates will be supplied later on the University website.
These are all the PG entrance exams offered by the University of Delhi. Students must go through the syllabus while preparing for the exams. Most of the syllabus of the postgraduate programs is based on what the student has studied in the undergraduate course of DU.
Let us also take a look at some of the instructions that the students need to follow while going for an examination.
- Students who have attained 50% marks in the undergraduate course are eligible for DUET.
- If a candidate is found cheating he/she will be disqualified instantly.
- No eatables are allowed in the examination area.
- Electronic devices like mobile phones, smart-watches etc are not allowed in the examination room.
Preparing for the postgraduate entrance exams can be a difficult task as there is so much to study from. Students have to keep in mind that they must begin their preparation a few months in advance in order to complete the syllabus and qualify the exam.
The DU entrance exam syllabus 2020 is given above. Students can prepare accordingly. It is best to start preparing with the difficult sections that the students feel are time–consuming. Apart from preparing for the entrance exam, students must also pay attention to the exam pattern, structure and other instructions. This will help them in preparing for the exams in an efficient and smooth way. In any case, if you feel that you are missing out on something, kindly visit the official site of DU: www.du.ac.in.
Best reference books for PG Entrance