NEET 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on 12 September 2021. It is an entrance test conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) for admission to undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions across the country, whether government or private. The NTA started inviting applications for the NEET 2021 exam on 13th July 2021.
NEET (UG) 2021 will be conducted in 13 Indian languages. These are as follows
The NEET 2021 examination form has been divided into two phases/sets in order to make the process easier for the students. The division helps in the fast upload of documents and details.
The first set of the application form needs to be completed before the last date of filing the application form. The second set needs to be completed once the results are declared. The candidates should carefully fill both sets at the specified times to avoid the cancellation of candidature.
The table below gives a timeline of important dates and other details concerning the NEET (UG) 2021 exam.
Online application for NEET 2021 exam start date
13 July 2021
Last Date to apply
6 August 2021
Last Date to Pay Application Fee
7 August 2021
Correction of errors in the application form
8 August 2021 to 12 August 2021
Announcement of City of Examination
20 August 2021
Release of Admit Cards
03 days before the exam date
Date of Examination
12 September 2021
Duration of the Exam
Timing of the Exam
2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (IST)
Centre, Date, and shift of the Exam
To be indicated on the admit card
Answer key release date
To be announced later
Result declaration date
To be announced later
Exam Pattern And Syllabus Of NEET 2021 Exam
The NEET 2021 exam question paper will comprise 180 multiple choice questions based on the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes.
The following table gives a clear idea of the exam pattern of the NEET 2021 exam. Take a look.
No. of Questions
The maximum marks in the exam will be 720.
Students should note the following points carefully:
- Every correct answer will be awarded 4 marks
- For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- If it is found later that more than one option was correct, 4 marks will be given to any correct option selected by the candidate
- If a question is found to be wrong/out of the syllabus, 4 marks will be awarded to every student for that question.
- There will be no marks for unattempted questions.
Let us take a look at the syllabus of the NEET (UG) 2021 exam.
Physics Syllabus (Class 11)
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Thermodynamics, Oscillations, and Waves
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Physics Syllabus (Class 12)
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
Chemistry Syllabus (Class 11)
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- S Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Some P Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry - Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
Chemistry Syllabus (Class 12)
- Solid State
- Periodic Table
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P Block Elements
- D Block Elements
- F Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Biomolecules, Polymers, and Chemistry in Everyday Life
Biology Syllabus (Class 11)
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
Biology Syllabus (Class 12)
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
The NEET (UG) 2021 exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode. The students will answer questions on specially designed machine gradable OMR sheets.
A candidate needs to have completed 17 years of age on the date of the examination to be able to sit for the NEET (UG) 2021 exam. The candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2004 to qualify for the entrance test. The upper age limit for the NEET (UG) 2021 exam is 25 years with a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Latest Updates Regarding NEET (UG) 2021 Exam
6 August 2021
The last date of the online application for NEET (UG) 2021 has been extended till 10 August 2021. The correction window will be open from 11 August to 14 August 2021.
13 August 2021
The NTA has extended the date to fill the application fee for registered candidates. Those candidates who have filled the application form but could not pay the fee can now do so from 13 August to 15 August 2021.
22 August 2021
The NTA has released a notification for students to help them fill the OMR sheets. The detailed notification is available on the official website of NTA. You can also read the notification here.
How to - NTA Releases Instructions To Fill OMR Sheets For Neet 2021 Exam
This is the overview of all the basic information you need to know about the NEET (UG) 2021 exam.
Further updates will be added here as and when notified by the NTA.