Smartphones have changed the way we access services and information by putting them in our hands forever. They have been integrated into almost every aspect of our lives. As Android apps seamlessly connect people across the globe and allow users to engage in new and exciting ways, the demand for hiring Android app developers is growing. all over the world.
Android app development requires a deep understanding of programming and design aspects. An experienced Android app developer must learn the nuances of various related concepts to create and deploy a successful app.
What is Android Application Development?
Android, the open source platform for smartphones and tablets, is making waves in the mobile space. Android is a platform based on the Linux kernel developed by Google. In 10 years, Android has become the most popular operating system in the world. Today, the Android platform serves 4 billion users, more than any other mobile operating system.
The open platform is available on various phones, tablets and wearables through the Android Wear operating system. Today, businesses and brands all need Android apps to increase popularity, innovation and reach.
Some versions of Android have new features or changes over time. These types are:
- Android version 1.0 and 1.1
- Android version 1.5: Cupcake
- Android version 1.6: Donut
- Android version 2.0 to 2.1: Lightning
- Android version 2.2: Froyo
- Android version 2.3: Gingerbread
- Android 3.0 to 3.2: Honey Glory
- Android version 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android version 4.1 to 4.3: Jelly Bean
- Android version 4.4: KitKat
- Android version 5.0 and 5.1: Lollipop
- Android version 6.0: Marshmallow
- Android version 7.0 and 7.1: Nougat
- Android version 8.0 and 8.1: Oreo
- Android version 9: Pie
- Android version 10
- Android version 11
- Android version 12 (latest version)
"Android development is the process of creating, creating and deploying mobile applications using the Android Development Kit or Android Software Development Kit (SDK) and Android Studio which are supported by many operating systems."
A key feature of the Android application environment is that Android applications are always written in the Java programming language. However, they can be created in a new programming language provided by Google called Kotlin. Android apps can be written in Kotlin, Java, and C++ using the Android SDK, but other languages are also available.
Role of Android App Developers
Android developers have many responsibilities, from building apps to debugging and deploying them. They should take many things into consideration when building their apps to make them more user-friendly.
So, before starting the hiring process, employers should know the responsibilities of Android app developers. This includes:
- Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Use Github, where developers can easily collaborate, upload new software releases, make changes and download the latest version. Work with cross-functional teams to design, develop and deploy new application services.
- Analyze and understand database operations (MySQL, MongoDB). Implement external data sources and APIs (ie application programs).
- Find and fix bugs in new and existing applications. Continually identify, evaluate and implement new technologies to improve application performance.
Creating dedicated mobile apps has become important in all areas, from healthcare to marketing. Therefore, it is no secret that the demand for mobile application developers is growing rapidly, and it has become important to evaluate the skills of Android developers before hiring them for your project.