The Union Public Service Commission conducts the UPSC exam to recruit candidates for various civil services. For Example, Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service etc. There are three stages of this exam: Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Interview.
The Mains exam comprises Mathematics as one of the optional subjects with two papers. The Civil Service exam contains a mandatory Maths section. If you have not solved Maths in years you might be nervous while solving mathematical problems.
UPSC exam is considered one of the toughest examinations in the country.
But with the right planning and execution which most students lack, you can pass the Civil Service exam.
It will take at least 2 years of preparation one year before the Prelims and one year from the Prelims to the Interview.
What kind of Maths IAS exam includes
The IAS exam involves mainly the basic mathematical process such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, ratio equations, word problems etc.
Also, the IAS exam tests candidates' ability to spot errors in data basics, Maths aptitude, basic control of the English language and filling ability.
How to prepare UPSC Maths Optional
- Youth Destination is providing the best coaching in Maths optional for the UPSC exam. Our expert faculty will complete the entire syllabus in around 6 to 7 months depending upon the student's ability.
- You can also join Youth Destination IAS academy in Delhi offline as well as online.
- Moreover, this Coaching Centre is offering pen drive Maths optional courses.
- Also, you can attend both online and online classes at your convenience.
- If you spend every day 5 hours on our video lectures, you can finish the entire syllabus in just 3 to 4 months.
- Getting an excellent rank to become IAS is not as easy as it seems therefore choosing the right Optional in UPSC is a good decision. In this situation, if you are getting ordinary marks in the General Studies paper, you can score high marks in the optional subject.
- So!! Why are you waiting?
- You should enrol at Youth Destination today and select Maths optional courses for UPSC.
- Check the details availables given in the site link below and also can check the previous year's question papers from 2012 to 2022.
- There are many UPSC courses available at the institute.
- We provide
- Online Maths Optional Coaching
- Online IAS coaching
- Pendrive Maths optional course.
- Also, Maths Optional Coaching for various state PCS like BPSC, UPPSC, HPSC etc.
- We also have a weekly Maths optional batch and test series for whatever we have covered during week days for working professionals.
Can I choose mathematics optional in UPSC mains exam 2023?
Undoubtedly, Mathematics is one of the highest scoring optional subjects among the rest of the UPSC optional subjects in the IAS examination.
Choosing Mathematics as an optional is a very individual decision and depends upon the candidate to candidate. Every candidate has unique qualities and special talents. You can talk with our faculty and they will explain to you what are the pros and cons of this Maths optional in your Mains exam.
Maths as an optional subject
Mathematics has been one of the most preferable optional subjects among the UPSC candidates. However, if you are going to opt for Mathematics as an optional subject, it is vital that you come from the same academic background otherwise you will not find it much more interesting than the other aspirants.
Applicants who graduated with Maths as their subject or have a genuine interest in studying the subject should choose Mathematics optional for the IAS exam.
Taking Mathematics as optional is a good decision for those who have a strong grasp over the subject.
Some students seem to be a bit confused while choosing mathematics as optional due to the vast syllabus and the time needed to pack up for the exam. Here, we will discuss some obvious reasons why this subject is the best and the pros and cons of maths as the right choice for the main exam.
There are various reasons why an aspirant can choose maths as an optional for UPSC.
let us have a glance at all the benefits of opting for maths optional for the Mains exam.
Help to score good marks
Maths has been the easiest subject when it comes to scoring good marks.
If you have practiced the questions of Maths properly and answered the question right, you will definitely score good marks.
The good thing about opting for Maths optional for UPSC is that the exam questions are simply picked up from the books.
Any Mathematics graduate can easily solve all the questions.
Concepts and questions are very common and easy when you choose Maths as optional in the UPSC exam.
You will face lesser competition when choosing Mathematics as optional for the UPSC exam.
You will feel relaxed knowing that not many students appearing for the exam prefer choosing Mathematics optional for UPSC. In this way, you will have an additional advantage.
Can analyze your performance
Two different examiners can score different marks for the same answer in subjects such as science or humanity because of the personal biases of the examiners coming into effect.
However, it is not applicable in case you choose Mathematics optional.
It is known to be an exact thing either correct or incorrect. Candidates will get a pretty good picture of how they have performed after taking the test.
You will be at peace selecting mathematics as optional for IAS as this subject is constant and stable. It is not linked to current affairs so once you are finished with the syllabus, no need to continually refresh your experience, you just need to rewrite it.
Contact us - 9811334434