The United Nations Climate Change Conference organized under the Chilean government presidency. The most important commandment of any conference until now is from 2nd to 13th December 2019.
It was the 25th conference of the committees — a crucial meeting for UPSC 2020. The conference was held to decide the emergency climatic condition in 200 countries. Major issues were discussed that are to be resolved to enhance the climatic conditions.
The conference was organized by Chile and Spain all together to address this topic and to reach any decision. But the conference failure is that they were unable to conclude the carbon market.
The failures & results are as follows:
- The first decision is on the 2015 Paris agreement landmark, and the decision was taken that will come next year, and the work will amend from that time.
- The first agenda of the meeting is to flush out the norms which are intending on the 2015 Paris agreement.
- After a lengthy discussion in the conference for two weeks altogether, the 200 countries have decided to take different mechanisms in the market to go for greenhouse gases.
- Greenhouse gases are going to be beneficial for all the countries a lot.
- But the disadvantage was that members do not agree on a single language for going to take finance for the Green Project.
- The DNA of the people is being unpurified by pollution. Hence, the conference is essential.
- The second decision for preventing the environment is purified the fossil fuels to encourage people and the government to understand the urgency of the situation.
- Even all the energy Ministries are working hard to come onto a decision to eliminate the pollution caused by the countries.
- Even the decision has to be put on to all the industries what reading in carbon, including those who are dealing with oil and petroleum.
- But the biggest failure is that all are unable to reach any decision, and it was the biggest failure for the committee.
What are the officials looking forward to doing?
Now the officials are looking forward to controlling the earth's temperature to decrease pollution. It will be the start of the industrial revolution for the climatic change as almost every country is suffering from this problem.
Therefore it is essential to get some changes. The rules and norms have to be passed by the government to let people know how important it is to think about the environment now.
Further, the committee is looking forward to deciding on the carbon industries that have maximum pollution is coming out from there.
It was a difficult decision because a lot of language barriers are there. Even the laws are different in each country, and bending one for all will be difficult. But if officials will set together, it will be able to decide for Welfare of the environment.
All The Best To All The UPSC 2020 Aspirants!