Every year millions of aspirants appear for SSC CGL exam with one goal to succeed in it. Years of preparation, referring to unlimited study material, attempting so many mock tests and many more... are the efforts that aspirants put into achieving this goal. Now this year, the SSC CGL 2020 exam has already been conducted for Tier-I and Tier- II. Read on to know the further exam dates and preparation strategy.
The SSC CGL 2020 online exam for Tier-I round was conducted from 3rd to 9th March, 2020 while the Tier-II exam is re-scheduled to be held from 2nd November to 5th November 2020. The online recruitment process for CGL 2020-21 will begin on 12th December 2020.
Major Challenges during SSC CGL 2020 preparation
The SSC CGL 2020 preparation should be very systematic and must be in accordance with the guidelines of commission to qualify the exam in the very first attempt. During the course of SSC CGL 2020 exam preparation the candidates can face some of the following challenges:
Important Tips and Tricks for SSC CGL 2020 preparation
The SSC CGL 2020 aspirants must create a preparation strategy for the exam. Some of the important elements of the SSC CGL 2020 preparation strategy are as follows:
- Learn or understand the syllabus for the exam very well.
- Point out the topics of the syllabus which are your strengths and which are your weaknesses.
- Do not waste too much time on ‘not so important topics’ of the syllabus.
- Identify your source of study
- Make a Timetable and follow it religiously.
- Align your study material
- Learn short tricks that will save your time in the exam.
- Take the help of the internet but do not waste too much time there.
- Enroll in online mock tests.
- Keep solving last year’s question papers.
- Practice is the only Mantra.
- Keep your calm and stay motivated.
The SSC CGL 2020 Preparation strategy should be according to the syllabus. The preparation of the major scoring parts of the SSC CGL 2020 syllabus i.e. Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude and Abilities must have the following elements:
Tips for the preparation of reasoning questions in SSC CGL 2020 exam:
- Read the questions carefully.
- Understand the instructions given in the paper along with questions.
- Manage your time according to the total number of questions asked.
- Do not waste too much time.
- Enhance your logical thinking by solving puzzles or by playing Sudoku and other crossword puzzles
- Attempt the question when the answer is sure.
- Work hard on vocabulary by reading newspapers, novels, magazines, etc.
- Practice grammar rules on a daily basis.
Tips for the preparation of Quantitative Aptitude and Abilities questions in SSC CGL 2020 exam:
- Prepare the basics of each topic in detail
- Use revision notes.
- Try to create or learn shortcuts that will save time in the exam.
- Remember all the formulas, tables and important data.
- Don’t go by your assumptions in mathematics.
- Keep taking the speed test.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released new notifications recently which you can check from their official website https://ssc.nic.in.
All The Best To All The SSC CGL 2020 Aspirants !