General awareness is one of the most crucial sections of any banking exam. In this section, you can be asked questions from a plethora of topics, making its syllabus quite extensive and lengthy.
These are the following topics that you can definitely expect in the general awareness section of IBPS Clerk exam:
• National Current Affairs
• International Current Affairs
• Person in News/ Awards
• Economy Current Affairs
• Relevant organizations: SEBI, RBI
• Schemes launched by governments related to banking and finance
• Organizations: RBI; NABARD; Planning Commission; 5-year plans; Finance
Commission; World Bank
• Economic/ Financial terms & concepts: GDP; GNP; PPP; HDI; Inflation
However, there are some hacks that can help you in cracking this section easily.
We at study24x7.com, have covered a list of hacks and strategies in this 2 minutes article. So stay tuned till the end because the secrets are finally being revealed!
Also, make sure you register on our platform for more such informative content pieces!
STRATEGIES FOR CRACKING THE GENERAL AWARENESS SECTION
1. Maintain a dairy: Attempt a lot of mock tests and then note down all the
questions that you had wrongly answered. This will help you to gain knowledge
by just penning down what went wrong.
2. The Hindu: It is one of the most selling dailies of the country. With around
28,00,000 copies sold in a year, The Hindu is the most genuine source of
knowledge for anyone trying to crack banking exam 2020.
3. Look for an app or website that has all the current affairs for every month
compiled at one place. This will help you in revising them.
4. Follow magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan. It is one of the most popular ones
amongst students appearing for banking exams.
5. Analyze Your Performance: As you are attempting various mock papers, do
examine your strengths and weaknesses. This way, you can start working on
your weak areas.
6. Do relative studies. For example, if there is a news article about .a certain bank
or business, then read everything about that organization so that you can
answer questions around the same.
1. Build a study plan for yourself. Six months preparation is more than enough to
crack the general awareness section of any banking exam.
2. Do not get demotivated with other people’s failure. You are different, and so is
3. Let no personal or professional matter affect your preparation for the banking
4. Dream big and imagine yourself as an officer already. This will help you in
conducting your life in a better way!
5. Make sure you indulge in one physical activity for better mental stability.
1. Go through our free courses and resources on our website.
2. Ask your doubts/questions in the form of comments below every resource or
3. Make notes of the useful information and put it in a folder so that you can
revise it anytime.
That is all from our end. We hope that these tips will help you in cracking the general awareness section of any banking exam in 2020.