It is essential for all the candidates appearing for the UPSC civil services exam to know the culture of their country and to be well aware of all its aspects as the UPSC 2020 schedule is framed to test the candidates on this topic. To help the students crack the UPSC exam, the UPSC 2020 strategy is to study these important points as well which have been incorporated in this article to provide the candidates with the best of everything which would help them in their preparation for their exam.
As mentioned in almost all the academic books, India is known to profess various cultures and diversities with an equal amount of enthusiasm. All the candidates must be well aware of the term “cultural pockets”. This means that in India within a bigger culture, other small cultures develop in their different forms all over the nation.
India has 29 states at present all of them practice and uniquely preserves their different cultures. India is also one of the most populated countries. Indian history has a great influence on the development of various cultures. All such cultures in India are inspired by various historical events.
India is known to be a country with diversity, like its Geographical diversity, diversity in climate, language, racial diversity, social, religious diversity and social diversity. The Indians have the freedom to practice their religion like Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism according to their faith and will.
Indian culture is known to be a mixture of several cultures altogether. Indian culture differs from place to place and this is known to be the most unique feature as compared to other
countries. The Indian language, dance, music, religion, food, and architecture contribute to the great diversity of India.
- The diversity in India is reflected by these modern modes of communication and fast transportation facility available to all the citizens. This also mixes the traditions and cultures of different places. Example: The western songs have been a hit in Indian society.
- All such metropolitan states like Delhi, Bombay, and Pune, hosts many people from diverse culture and regions.
- The people living in metropolitan cities celebrate all the festivals together to show their respect towards one another’s faith and religious beliefs.
- Various cultural trade fairs are held to show the diversity of cultures and traditions from all over the country like the International trade fair.
- The IT parks and IT boom comprises all such people practicing different cultures and belonging to different sections of the society, which helps in the promotion of diverse cultures in the workplace.
- There is diversity in a language like the interaction between people belonging to north India and south India this does not hamper their communication due to the difference in their language.
The Indian culture and diversity are vast and therefore it is
spread all over the nation in small pockets. The constitution of India also recognizes 22 different languages showing its diversity.
All the Best To All The UPSC 2020 Aspirants !