The SSC CGL syllabus 2020 comprises the quantitative aptitude section which would test the knowledge of the candidates in mathematics. The Quantitative Aptitude section in the Tier-1 exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions. Each question carries 2 marks. This exam has a negative marking of 0.50 marks which are deducted for each wrong answer. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. The quantitative aptitude syllabus is the same in both the exams that are Tier-1 and Tier-2 which is also considered to be one of the highest-scoring and important subjects in the SSC CGL 2019to 2020 exam. This section comprises the number system, mensuration, and data interpretation.
In the quantitative aptitude section:
- Out of 25 questions, one question is asked every year from the number system. The question asked is based on rational numbers, LCM, HCF, etc.
- From the mensuration topic, the candidates need to properly understand the shapes and its formulas. The formula of Circle, Rectangle, Cylinder, and cone are very important. All the candidates must understand these very well to score a high score in the exam.
- As far as the data interpretation is concerned the candidates must be well versed with all the concepts related to Percentages and Ratio and Proportion. The questions from these topics come in the form of tables, bar graphs, and pie charts.
According to the SSC CGL notification, the exams of Tier-1
would be held from 2nd March to 11th March 2020 and Tier-2 would be held from 22nd June 2020 to 25th June 2020. The Tier-1 and Tier-2 exam would be held in online mode. The syllabus of SSC CGL exam is published on the official website for all the candidates.
The Quantitative section is framed to test the candidate’s skills
in this particular subject. To get a high score in this section a candidate is required to know all the formulas and the pattern in which the questions are usually asked The candidates are required to regularly practice the questions to become perfect at solving all the problems related to the number system, mensuration and data interpretation as it is not an easy section but with practice, it can be proved to be a strength of the candidate.
Ways to get a high score in the quantitative aptitude section of the SSC CGL exam 2020:
For a candidate to score high in the exam it is important to be very clear with all the basic concepts and formulas. This section can be the deciding factor for the candidate to make it to the merit list or not.
The strategy to crack the quantitative aptitude section with ease without difficulty is to follow certain steps like:
- The candidate must work on the basics and be perfect at it.
- Time management is the key to scoring the highest in the limited time during the exam
- Practice the previous year’s question papers.
- Learn short-cut methods to solve the questions fast but with ease.
- A candidate must build a proper structure.
All The Best To The SSC CGL 2020 Aspirants !