SSC MTS, or the SSC Multitasking Staff is a part of General Central Service Group ‘C. These are non-gazetted and non-ministerial posts in different ministries and departments/offices of the Central Government. As part of this service, you would be posted in different states and union territories. The SSC MTS exam is held once a year by the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC MTS 2020 Exam Date:
Exam dates for SSC MTS are as given below. However please note that these days may change in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility for SSC MTS exam can be understood under three broad categories: Nationality, Age and Education. Following are the detailed eligibility criteria under each of these headers:
In order to be eligible, a candidate must be one of the below:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Vacancies are in two age groups:
- Minimum age of 18 years and maximum age of 25 years, as on 1st August 2020
- Minimum age of 18 years and maximum age of 27 years, as on 1st August 2020
In case a candidate fulfils both these criteria, vacancies in the first group will be filled first. Please note that in the final SSC MTS result, there will be separate cut-offs age-wise.
For maximum age limits, there is also certain relaxation for some special category candidates:
To be eligible for SSC MTS, the candidate must have passed the 10th class or equivalent from a Government recognized Board.
SSC MTS 2020 Vacancy:
SSC MTS 2020 notification will be released on 2nd June 2020. The list of zone-wise vacancies will be released in the same.
SSC MTS Application Process:
SSC MTS 2020 application form will be open from 2nd June 2020. Here is the process for applying for the exam:
- Go to the official SSC website: ssc.nic.in.
- Click on "Apply" Tab.
- In the window which pops up next, click on the "MTS" tab.
- Click on "Click Here to Apply".
- If you are a new candidate, please register first. If you have registered before, log in with your Registration Number and Password.
- Submit your personal and educational details.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
- Pay the application fees. Fees for general category candidates is Rs. 100, while SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempt from fees.
- Submit your form and check if you have received your confirmation mail.
SSC MTS Admit Card:
Admit cards can be downloaded from the official site of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). You shall be needing details like your Registration number and Date of birth for downloading.
SSC MTS Salary Structure:
The salary structure in SSC MTS is as shown below:
SSC MTS Selection Process:
SSC MTS selection process consists of two phases:
- Paper I: This is a 90 minutes long computer-based test. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in this paper.
- Paper II: This is a 30 minutes long descriptive test where candidates have to write an essay or letter in English or a regional language. This paper is qualifying in nature.
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus:
Subjects for Paper I are Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English and General Awareness. Please check topic list for each subject below:
- Missing Number
- Word Formation
- Arrangement of words
- Blood Relation
- Distance and Direction
- Number/Word Series
- Non-Verbal (Paper Cutting and Folding, Mirror and Water Image, Embedded figures, Figure Completion, Counting) Embedded figures, Figure Completion, Counting of the figure)
- Verbal (Statement Conclusion, Assertion and Reason,Statement and Inference, Arguments)
- Ratio and Proportion
- HCF and LCM
- SI and CI
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Time and Work
- Time, Distance and Speed
- Problem on ages
- Number System
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Mixture and Alligation
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction
- Synonym and Antonym
- Idioms and Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Spelling Error
- Current Affairs
- Static GK (Important Dates, Sports, Awards, Schemes, Books, Authors, etc.)
SSC MTS Exam Pattern:
The exam is now conducted online and is a computer-based test. Following is the pattern for both stages of the SSC MTS exam:
SSC MTS Exam Cut Off:
Cut off for SSC MTS varies as per region and category. As an example, given below is 2019 cut off for Uttar Pradesh and Odisha for different categories:
- EWS 78.64869
- SC 73.27002
- ST 57.65262
- ESM 20.58812
- OH 65.08591
- HH 44.04896
- OBC 73.2693
- VH 64.28865
- PWD-OTHERS 51.59329
- UR 75.82355
- EWS 80.97897
- SC 71.68
- ST 57.7882
- ESM 23.10674
- OH 59.70389
- HH 38.22616
- OBC 71.59856
- VH 58.97885
- UR 73.58434