Each year, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) encourages the LIC Apprentice Development Officer (LIC ADO) aspirants to apply online. LIC is India's most valued public ownership insurance company. LIC ADO provides a very great opportunity for all persons who want to make a career in insurance. An LIC ADO will be responsible for choosing people and monitoring their overall success as Life Insurance Agents. They have the responsibility to administer these life insurance agents and make sure that they sell maximum number of insurance to people. In this article, we will cover all about the LIC ADO Exam.
LIC ADO 2020 Exam Date:
LIC has not announced any formal test dates for the LIC ADO 2020 Exam. Candidates must remember that all the important information related to the exam is stated in the official notifications for the LIC ADO exam. LIC ADO Mains review date was updated for the year 2020. The tentative timetable for the LIC ADO Exam 2020 is provided below:
Online application form filling starts
LIC ADO Prelims Exam
LIC ADO Mains Exam
Applicants must remember that the above dates are only provisional and the dates of the LIC ADO examination will be explicitly stated in the official LIC ADO Exam notification 2020, which is yet to be published.
LIC ADO 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Each applicant has to have some eligibility requirements according to the LIC ADO notification 2020. Applicants may see eligibility criteria for LIC ADO below.
As of May 01, 2020, the age of an applicant in the general category should be between 21 years to 30 years. Applicants from many other groups and with appropriate experience in other sectors can enjoy age relaxations under LIC India requirements as per the official notification.
Applicant with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline may apply for a LIC ADO exam.
LIC ADO Vacancies:
The 2020 vacancies for the LIC ADO will be updated once official notice is issued. The number of vacant positions for ADO in LIC in 2019 is 8581 (approx.) distributed across eight zones within the country. Zone wise deals are as follows:
- Northern Zone, New Delhi – 1130
- Southern Zone, Chennai – 1257
- Eastern Zone, Kolkata – 922
- Western Zone, Mumbai – 1753
- Central Zone, Bhopal – 525
- East Central Zone, Patna – 701
- North Central Zone, Kanpur – 1042
- South Central Zone, Hyderabad – 1251
LIC ADO Application Process:
Online forms for LIC ADO 2020 will begin from the second week of March till May 2020. To prevent last-minute sprint, it is preferable to apply for LIC ADO 2020 online as soon as possible. All applicants seeking to work as ADO in LIC of India should only fill out the application form online by accessing the official company website i.e. www.lic.india.in. To clearly understand how to fill the online application form, the applicants should go through the below steps and fill out the application form appropriately.
To apply for jobs for LIC ADO 2020, follow these steps listed below:
Applicants should visit the official site first of all i.e. https://www.licindia.in/ & search for ADO 2020 recruitment link at the bottom of the home page.
- Then click on the application form & the LIC ADO recruitment 2020 application will be displayed on the computer monitor in no time.
- The applicant will click on the link called "new registration".
- Now applicants must enter all the necessary personal and career information in the given fields. The applicant should double-check the filled information because there are no corrections scope later on.
- The applicant should upload the recent photo (scanned) passports size & the signature in the specified field. The applicants should search the documents using a high-quality scanner. The review authority can deny the application form which has blurred documents.
- Now the next stage in submitting the registration form is to pay an application fee. The fee will be paid for according to an individual's caste category. Applicants of the general category corresponding to SC/ST, PWD categories must pay Rs. 100 as the fee for the submission.
- Candidates can make Use of debit cards, credit cards, net banking, mobile wallets, etc to pay the application fee online.
- After an applicant makes the payment, he/she has to click the "submit" button to complete the application process.
- The applicants should save their registration no. & passwords for the future. Also, it is recommended that applicants take a hard copy of the application form for future use.
LIC ADO Admit Card:
The candidates can only access the admit card for the LIC ADO 2020 online exam through online mode. The admit card is not to be submitted to any potential candidate by mail or courier. Aspirants of the LIC ADO 2020 can download the admit card 10-15 days before the exam. The applicant must visit the official website to obtain the admit card, and use the registration number & password previously created.
LIC ADO 2020 Salary Structure:
India's LIC provides the daily or fixed salary for LIC ADO but the LIC ADO profile is much more opportunity-based and goal-oriented. If the candidate can produce more as a trainee development officer for LIC, he/she will receive a higher package in hand. Apprentice Development officer includes work publicity as well as task sales.
An LIC ADO is eligible for performance-based rewards along with a fixed salary. LIC ADO wage Rs.25000-30000 in person. ADO also enjoys extra benefits & allowances, such as:
- Specified pension contributory scheme
- Medical Benefit
- Group savings linked Insurance (GSLT)
- A Personal accident insurance company
- Vehicle advance as per Life Insurance Company law.
Thus, needless to note that this is because of its attractive salary and monthly benefits that most of the applicants apply for this work profile.
LIC ADO Selection Process:
India's Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is India's biggest life insurance company with 2048 departments and 109 branches. LIC hires Apprentice Technology Officers under nine separate Zones in the jurisdictions of the various Divisional Offices. Details of the selection process are provided below.
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
LIC ADO Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
The exam pattern & syllabus of LIC ADO is given below:
LIC ADO exam pattern of the entrance exam paper for the apprentice development officer consists of five parts, including general knowledge & awareness, verbal & nonverbal reasoning, quantitative skill, English & insurance component, and financial marketing awareness.
Paper 1 requires analytical skill & numerical skill & will have 25 questions each. Paper 2 will have GK & current events & English will have 25 questions from each segment i.e. a maximum of 50 questions. Paper 3 will have 50 questions focused on insurance & financial marketing.
The maximum score of all the 3 papers is 150 and the time allocated to applicants is 2 hours to answer the 150 questions. The applicant will be given + 1 marks for every right answer while 1 point will be deducted as the penalty for every wrong answer. So, the applicants should answer all the papers very carefully & with full planning.
LIC ADO Cut Off:
The LIC ADO 2020 cut off will be published by Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) on its official site together with the announcement of the LIC ADO result. The LIC ADO 2020 result cut off will be declared to shortlist the applicants in the next phase of the selection process. For each group, the authority will publish the category wise and the total LIC ADO cut off 2020. The LIC ADO 2020 cut-off is released separately for the first phase CBT, second phase CBT and final cut of all test levels. Applicants who achieve the cut off for all the levels will be considered qualified as LIC ADO.
This was the complete LIC ADO 2020 guide that one should know in order to score good marks in the examination. Clearing this exam brings a lot of opportunity for a individual so candidates should prepare their best for it. Good luck to all the LIC ADO Exam aspirants!