SSC GD exam stands for the General Duty Constable examination. This exam is conducted annually by the Staff Selection Committee for the recruitment of general duty personnel in Border Security Force (BSF), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Investigation Agency (NIA), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles.Following are some important details regarding this exam:
SSC GD Exam Date
The exam calendar for SSC GD 2020 exam is yet to be announced by the commission. It shall be updated by us in this space as soon as available.
SSC GD Exam Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SSC GD exam are related to educational qualification, nationality and age. Let’s take a look at these is detail below:
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must be matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University before applying for the GD post.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens. In case they are migrated candidates, submission of domicile/ PRC is required.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be more than 18 years of age and not more than 23 years of age to be eligible for the exam. However, there are age relaxations for the upper age limit in certain cases, as given below:
SSC GD Total Vacancy
As with exam dates, the final vacancies for 2020 shall be announced and updated in this space once the SSC GD 2020 notification is out. But to give you an idea, the total openings in 2018-2019 were 58373 in number.
SSC GD Exam Application Process
Following are the simple to steps apply for the SSC GD exam online:
- Visit the official SSC website ssconline.nic.in
- Click on ‘Apply’ on the homepage
- Go to GD-Constable and then click on ’‘Click here to apply’ link
- Read the instructions and then register on the website
- Fill all required details to fill the application form
- Note down the provided Registration ID and password
- Pay the application fees as per details given below:
SSC GD Exam Admit Card
Following are the steps to download your admit card:
- Visit the official SSC website: ssc.nic.in
- Click on the SSC GD Admit Card link
- Enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Download your admit card and take a physical print out for carrying to the exam centre
SSC GD Salary Structure
After the 7th Pay Commission, the SSC GD salary starts around 21700 and goes to 69100 rupees per month.
SSC GD Exam Selection Process
The final SSC GD selection list is decided on the basis of four stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE): This is an online objective-type test with four sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Elementary Mathematics
- English/ Hindi
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): This is a physical fitness test which assesses the candidates fitness based on:
- PET race
- Biometric test
- Physical Standard Test (PST): This test evaluates the physical standards of the candidate based on:
- Chest dimensions
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME): This test checks for physical and mental fitness of the the candidates
SSC GD Exam Syllabus
The exam syllabus is divided into four topics, the details of which are mentioned below:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Contains basic topics like arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, number series, analogies, coding-decoding and figures classification, etc.
- General Awareness: Basics of Scientific Research, Geography, General Polity, Culture, History, etc.
- Elementary Mathematics: Includes basic mathematics topics like averages, decimals and fractions, mensuration, ratio and proportion, time and distance, etc.
- English/Hindi: Test of grammatical and comprehension skills of the candidates in selected languages.
SSC GD Exam Pattern
The computer based examination is a 1.5 hour long online test containing 100 questions, equally divided into four sections. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. Please see the detailed pattern below:
SSC GD Exam Cut Off
Following is the SSC GD constable cut off for SSF in the year 2019 (for Female candidates):
Following is the SSC GD constable cut off for SSF and NIA in the year 2019 (for Male candidates):