Maharashtra common entrance test (MHCET) or MAH-MBA / MMS CET is written test for admission to first year of Full time postgraduate degree courses in MBA/MMS and PGDBM/PGDM in the Government, University managed, University departments and an Unaided institutes in the Maharashtra state. The written test is followed by a Group discussion and personal interview. More than 1 lakh students appear for the exam every year. In this article, we will discuss the complete details regarding MAH CET Exam.
MAH CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a bachelor degree in any discipline from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks, and at least 45% in case of reserved candidates.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing for CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA are considered to be eligible for admission against the All India Seats subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
MAH CET 2021 Exam Dates
The tentative dates for MAH CET 2021 can be seen below :
Online application form filling for MAH CET 2021
Third week of January 2021
Last day to fill the online application form for MAH CET 2021
Third week of February 2021
Release of admit card for MAH CET 2021
Fourth week of February 2021
MAH CET 2021
MAH CET 2021 results
Fourth week of March 2021
MAH CET Counseling 2021
MAH CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of MAH CET is given below.
- Number of question - 200
- Question type - MCQs
- Exam duration - 2 hour 30 minutes.
- Marks Allotted - 1 mark for every correct answer.
- No negative marking.
MAH CET Exam Syllabus
MAH CET Exam Syllabus for the entrance test will be prescribed by the authority through online mode on the website. Candidates can prepare for the exam subjects – Logical & Abstract Reasoning, Verbal & Comprehension Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning: This portion has questions related to Relationship and Puzzles. The topics will be set in order to check the candidate’s decision-making power.
Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension: This section will check the reading ability of the candidate which will include topics from Verb, Adjective, Comprehension, One Words, Errors, Antonym, Synonym, etc.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions in the exam will be related to Accuracy, Number System, Ratio and Proportion, Time and Work, Speed and Distance, Average, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest etc.
List of Top Colleges for MAH CET
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies & Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai.
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai.
- Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai.
- N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai.
- S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune.
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai.
- MET's Institute of Management, Mumbai.
- Chetana's Ramprasad Khandelwal Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai.
- Management College & Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management, Mumbai.
- MIT School of Management, Pune.
- Thakur Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai.
- Rizvi Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai.
- Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai.
- Indira Institute of Management, Pune.
- Alkesh Dinesh Modi Institute for Financial & Management Studies, Mumbai.
- St. Francis Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai.
- Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute Of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai.
- Shree Chanakya Edu. Society's Indira School Of Business Studies, Tathawade.
- Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
Preparation Tips for MAH CET 2021
Students can follow the below given preparation tips in order to achieve good score in the entrance test and qualify for admission along with the above given MAH CET Exam guide:
- Students must go through the prescribed syllabus given on the website.
- Students must know the details of exam pattern and marking pattern before beginning their exam preparation.
- Students must make short notes while preparing various topics. Revision of these notes should be done regularly.
- Have a study time table and divide time for each of the topics.
- Solve previous year exam papers and prepare for the exam as per prescribed previous year questions.
This was all about MAHCET exam that one needs to know. Candidates should prepare for this exam thoroughly and with proper planning. Good luck to all the MAHCET aspirants!