FDDI AIST refers to the Footwear Design and Development Institute All India selection Test. Here we will cover all about the FDDI AIST Exam info for all the aspiring candidates. This institute is for the students who want to specialize in footwear designs, leather goods, fashion design retail and fashion merchandise. This institute offers courses for bachelor as well as masters degree in design. The FDDI AIST exam has been cancelled this year due to the COVID-19.
You must know that there are in total 12 campuses of FDDI in India that includes Noida, Fursatganj, Chennai, Kolkata, Rohtak, Chhindwara, Jodhpur, Guna, Ankleshwar, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Patna.
This test is in a format of Multiple Choice questions, with four sections that includes quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, general awareness, Business aptitude. The courses offered by AIST are Bachelor in design, Masters in Design, BBA and MBA.
FDDI AIST Exam Eligibility:
- For undergraduate courses students who have completed 12th from a recognised board with passing marks will be eligible for an undergraduate course.
- For postgraduate courses the students should be atleast a graduate in footwear/design/fine arts/ Leather goods etc.
FDDI AIST Exam Paper Pattern:
- There are in total 150 questions in this exam of duration two and a half hours. There are four sections quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, general awareness, Business aptitude.
No of questions for
No of questions for masters course (M.Des)
This exam judges the knowledge and skills of the students. This paper is a pen paper mode test. It is a compulsory test that needs to be given for admission in FDDI. The marks will be obtained out of 200 and there are no negative marks.
FDDI AIST Exam Syllabus:
Here we will discuss the complete FDDI AIST Exam Syllabus that one needs to know.
1. Quantitative Aptitude:
As you can see above there are 25 questions asked in this section. The questions in the quantitative section are generally from 10th and 12th Math syllabus. Some of the important topics are given below:
- Elementary Mathematics
- Arithmetic systems
- Number system
- Chain Rule
- Ratio and proportion
- Square roots/Cube roots
- Fractions / Decimals
- Simple Interest /Compound Interest
- Area and volume
- Profit and loss
2. Verbal Ability:
This section is subdivided into two other sections I) Comprehension ii) Grammar
Some of the important topics of this section are as follows:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Direction and Distance Related questions
- Linear Arrangements
- Complex arrangements
- Coding and decoding
- Blood relations related questions
- Symbols and notation
- Alphabet Test
- Data Interpretation
- Statement assumption/argument/conclusion/action
- Problems on symmetry/ visual ability
3. General Awareness:
These questions are related to current affairs of the country and the important dates or landmarks that happened in our country.
Some of the topics of general awareness questions are as follows:
- Books and authors
- Famous personalities
- Inventions and discoveries
- Language/Dance forms/ Music
- World Organization
- Disaster events
- Some important Statistical Data of the world
4. Business Ability:
There is no fixed syllabus of business Ability. Try to read a lot about the major business related topics that are happening currently in the world like merger, acquisitions, takeover etc.
FDDI AIST Exam tips
For a good FDDI AIST Exam preparation strategy, it is important that you follow certain tips to crack the exam with ease.
- You need to crack 4 sections of FDDI in 150 minutes, which means you need speed with accuracy in order to attempt 200 questions in total.
- Try to improve your time by taking as many online tests as possible as it can increase your writing speed.
- Negative marking is not a factor here.
- Manage your time properly
- Studying for a stretch for hours can be tedious and hard and also not good
- Take it slow and steady
This was all about the FDDI AIST Exam Info that one needs to know of. Candidates should prepare their best to crack this exam in the first attempt. We hope this article has helped you to understand important aspects of the exam. Good luck!