What is UGC NET?
UGC NET is the main gateway to secure a job as Assistant Professor in government colleges and universities of India. And candidates applying for Junior Research Fellow need to qualify for UGC NET. This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency(NTA) twice a year. For all disciplines, candidates need to appear for two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Paper-1 is common for all candidates appearing for different disciplines, this part is based on teaching and research aptitude.Paper-2 is dedicated to the subject the candidate has opted for.
Best books to prepare for UGC NET paper-1
These are the books from leading publication houses as suggested by the UGC NET qualified candidates. The interactive features of the books have also been highlighted so that the candidates can select the best book as per their requirements. Also when it comes to UGC NET preparation, studying one book is not enough, selecting two or more books for each paper will be good for the exam preparation.
1.NTA UGC-NET/SET/JRF Paper 1---Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson.
- According to the reviews from the students, this book has very little error, it’s almost error-free.Also the book has covered all topics according to the latest UGC NET syllabus divided into ten units.
- This book has published previous year’s papers with proper solutions.
- The quality of the content too is very good. Along with good content it has good illustrations and practical examples which make this book one of the favorites among the aspirants.
2.UGC University Grants Commission NET/SET for lectureship Exam:Paper-1 by Trueman’s.
- This is another book for UGC NET paper-1 which is very popular among the aspirants.
- Trueman’s books are known for it’s high-quality content presented in detail with ample amounts of examples and illustrations.
- This book has explained Teaching and Research Aptitude in a very interactive way which candidates find easy to understand. This book is very helpful to build a strong foundation.
3. UGC NET/SET Paper-1:Teaching and Research Aptitude General(Compulsory)-Guide (English, Paperback,GKP)
- The book has recently been updated as per the latest changes brought in UGC NET.
- It covers UGC NET syllabus in detail.
- They have also added previous year’s solved papers of UGC NET paper-1. Candidates can practice from here as well.
- The main highlight of this book is the ‘communication section’.It is believed to be better than other books available in the market.
- The only cons of the book is the price,which is a bit to the higher side.
4..UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper 1 Teaching and Research Aptitude 2019 by Arihant Publications
- Arihant Publications is one of the most renowned publishing houses which offers great material for competitive exams. This book for UGC NET paper-1 is also good in quality, each topic has a detailed explanation with lots of examples.
- They have also added mock tests apart from the previous year’s papers.
- But this book alone is not a complete source of material for UGC NET preparation, one must follow other reference books.
5.Oxford NTA UGC Paper-1 for NET/SET/JRF
- This is another good book for UGC NET paper-1 candidates who are looking for a good reference book can opt for this one.
- In this book, many difficult topics have been explained in a clear manner.
- The most interesting feature of this book is candidates can avail themselves of free lecture videos along with this book.
- This book also offers many new questions for practice based on the latest UGC NET pattern.
Some more books are:-For UGC NET 2020 PAPER-1
1.NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF-Paper-1:Teaching and research Aptitude-KVS Madaan/Pearson Education
2.NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF-Paper-1:Teaching and research Aptitude-Harpreet Kaur/Oxford University Press
3.Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper-1:Teaching and research Aptitude-Sajit Kumar, M.Gagan
4.NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF-Paper-1:Teaching and research Aptitude-Dr. Usha Rani Jain
Best books to prepare for UGC NET paper-2
1. Economics/Cooperation/Demography/Rural Economics/Development Planning/Development Studies/Econometrics/Applied Economics/Development Economics/Business Economics---
a.Trueman’s UGC NET Economics by Srinivas Shirur.
b.UGC NET/JRF/SET Economics(Paper-2)-Upkar Prakashan(Author-Gopal Garg).
2.Political Science---Trueman’s UGC NET Political Science(Author- K.A.Babu, Sajit Kumar)
3.Psychology---Trueman’s UGC NET Psychology by Dr. Swati Maharshi
4.UGC NET Books for Sociology---Trueman’s UGC NET Sociology by S.Hussain
5.History---Trueman’s UGC NET History by Pramod Singh
6.Anthropology---Trueman’s UGC NET Anthropology by A.M Tripathi
7.UGC NET Books for Commerce---Trueman’s UGC NET Commerce by Praveen Kataria, Anshu Kataria and M.Shivani
8.Education---Trueman’s UGC NET Education by Gagan Manocha
9.Social Work---Trueman’s UGC NET Education by Yogendra Pal.
10.Defense and Strategic Studies---CBSE UGC NET-JRF Defense and Strategic Studies
11.Home Science---a.Trueman’s UGC-NET Home Science by Anju Khosla and Ruchi
b.UGC NET/SET(JRF and LS)Home Science by Suchi Rastogi
12.Public Administration---a.UGC NET Public Administration 2018 by Deepak Swain(Arihant)
b.Trueman’s UGC NET Public Administration by Sajit Kumar
13.Population Studies---Principles of Population Studies by Bhende, Himalayan Publishing House
14.Music---UGC NET Music Exam Guide(Hindi) by Gunjan Saxena and Nisha Rawa
15.UGC NET Books for Management(including Business Administration Management/Marketing/Marketing Management/Industrial Relations and Personnel Management/Personnel Management/Financial Management/Co-operative Management)
16.Bengali---Bengali NET/SET by Balaram Bapari
17.Hindi---Trueman’s UGC NET Hindi Sahitya(Hindi Literature)by Board of Authors.
18.Kannada---Samagra Kannada Sahitya Kaipidi-Useful for IAS, KAS,KES,PUC Lecturer,NET(UGC),K-SET by Lokesha Masavanaghatta
19.Malayalam---UGC NET/SET/TET Malayalam Pareeksha Sahayi by Sasidharan A.P
20.Odia---UGC NET/SSB/SLET/JRF Odia Paper-2 and 3
21.Punjabi---UGC NET/SET/JRF PUNJABI by Universal
22.Sanskrit---UGC NET/JRF/SLET Sanskrit Prashna Patra-2 Avum 3(Hindi) by Priyanka Tiwari(Author),Arihant Experts(Publisher)
23.Telugu---UGC NET and SET(Telugu Literature)by GanjiShashidar, Pothula Venkateshwar Reddy
24. Urdu---UGC NET JRF and Assistant Professor Khazeen-E-Adab Urdu(Paper 1 and 3)by M.Arshad Ansari and M.S.Ansari
25.English---UGC NET/SET(JRF and LS)English Literature by Arihant Experts
26.Linguistics---UGC NET/SET Linguistics Guide by Ringu Ann Baby
27.Assamese---UGC/CBSE NET Set Guide by Assam Publishing Company(Assamese)(Ashim Chutia-Author)
28.Gujarati---UGC NET/GCET-Commerce Paper(in Gujrati)by Mukesh M Bavaliya
29.Adult Education/Continuing Education/Andragogy/Non-Formal Education--A brief book on Extension by Shruti Madan Singh(Author) New Vishal Publications
30.Physical Education---Trueman’s UGC NET Physical Education by Akhilesh Tripathy(Author),A.K Srivastava(Author)
31.Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management---a.Trueman’s UGC NET HRM/Human Resource Management and Labour Welfare by Reetu Dogra
b.UGC NET:Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations/Labour and social Welfare/Human Resource Management(Paper-2)Exam Guide
32.Law---Trueman’s UGC NET Law by Suman Chauhan
33.Library and Information Science---Trueman’s UGC NET Library and Information Science by S.Thakur(Author)
34.Buddhist,Jaina,Gandhian and Peace Studies---UGC NET Buddhist, Jaina,Gandhian and Peace Studies by Deepak Kumar
35.Comparative Study of Religions---Comparative Study of Religions by C.R. Jain and Comparative Study of Religions by Y.Masih
36. Mass Communication and Journalism---a.Trueman’s UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism by Sameer K.Mishra(Author)
b.UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism by Atul Udaipuria and Nitesh Kumar Singh(Arihant experts).
37.Museology and Conservation---Archaeology, Museology and Conservation:A review edited by Vibha Upadhya
38.Archaeology---UGC NET/JRF Archaeology and Philosophy Paper(Hindi by Mohan Lal)
39.Criminology---(UGC NET/JRF)Criminology Solved Question Paper by Mr.Nitish Kumar Soni,Dr.Mridul Srivastava,Dr. Anup Yadava
40.Tribal and Regional Language/Literature---Folklore and it’s Motifs in Tribal Literature by Dr. Kishore Jadav
41.Folk Literature---Folk Literature:A concise guide for NET/JRF by Marya Naim(Author)
42.Sanskrit traditional subjects(including)Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/Navya Vyakarna/Vyakarna/Navya Nyaya/Mimansa/Sankhya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsan/Shukla Yajurveda/Madhav Vedant/Dharmasasta/Sahitya---UGC NET/JRF/SLET-Sanskrit Prashan Patra 2 Avum 3 Priyanka Tiwari(Author)
43.Women Studies---Advanced Manual for Women Studies UGC/CBSE/NET/JRF by Anmol Murlidhar Nimsadkar
44.Visual Art(including Drawing and painting/Sculpture/Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art---Upkar’s UGC NET/JRF/SET Visual Art(Paper-2 by M.Vasim,Author).
45.Geography---Trueman’s UGC NET Geography by A.Magon,B.P Panigrahi
46.Forensic Science---Forensic Science UGC NET/JRF-MCQ by Dr. Anu Singla
47.UGC NET Books for Computer Science and Applications---Trueman’s UGC NET/SET Computer Science and Applications by Sanjay Singla, Sameer Mishra
48.Electronic Science---CBSE UGC NET/SET Electronic Science by Sunil Kushwaha(Author).
49.Environmental Sciences---Trueman’s UGC NET Environmental Science by Anil Tyagi and Virendra Singh
50.Human Rights and Duties---a.UGC NET/SET Human Rights and Duties Paper-2 and 3 by Fazil Atul Udaipuria(Author)
b.UGC NET Human Rights and Duties by Arihant Experts
51.Tourism Administration and Management---Trueman’s UGC NET Tourism by Akhilesh
52.Yoga---R.Gupta’s UGC NET Yoga(Paper-1 and 2)Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board(Author)
These books are the best ones for a successful and smart preparation of UGC NET 2020 without any flaws. One can now get ready and start his/her preparation with the confidence that they can surely secure good marks and feel that nothing is impossible with a determined spirit and unlimited energy.There’s no stopping you all,so don’t be bothered just work up and come out with flying colors.