The DU PG Entrance Exam is conducted by Delhi University to offer candidates with various postgraduate courses. This exam is held each year and attracts many candidates belonging to the other institutes or universities. The reason is that Delhi University is one of the well known and reputed universities for Postgraduate programs. The Online Application form for the exam is available on their online portal. The last date to fill the DU PG Application form is 18th July 2020 (Extended date). In this article, we are going to discuss the detailed application process for filling the form.
1) The DU Releases the PG Entrance Notification on their official portal. Candidates need to click on the “ PG Online Registration is Now Open". The notification appears on the top of the website where candidates can click on that to proceed further.
2) The next step is for new users. They have to first Register themselves to continue further.
- Candidates should click on “New User Registration” Link.
- A fresh screen will appear where they have to register by providing information such as Full Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Caste Category, etc.
- Candidates have to then enter the OTP sent to their mobile number and email id.
- The registration process is completed after the verification of these two only.
- Note that candidates have to remember these login details to enter next time whenever they want to login on the portal and especially while downloading the admit card and checking the results.
3) The next step is to login again using these credentials.
4) After successfully logging in, candidates are supposed to Create their Profiles. Here they have to fill their address, bank details and upload all the documents such as ID Proof, photographs, etc. Submit the profile by checking on the “Submit My Profile” Button.
5) The next step is to fill the academic details like 10th, 12th and degree marks. Further, candidates have to select the PG course for which they wish to apply. Then they have to select the examination center and lastly enter other preferences.
6) The last step for filling the DU PG Application Form is that the candidates have to review the entire application and pay the application fees. Note that the application fees for SC/ST/PwD/EWD is Rs 350 for per course. Whereas, the application fees for General/OBC/others are Rs 750 per course.
The mode of payment for the same is Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI or Net Banking.
- Candidates should enter the correct and valid mobile number and email id to register.
- Candidates should enter the correct personal and academic details.
- Candidates have the option of selecting any three exam centers of their choice. They can select from Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Guwahati, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Jammu, Patna, Nagpur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Varanasi, Imphal and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The size of the scanned photograph should be 50 kb max and the dimension should be 100 px X 130 px. The format of the photograph should be JPEG/JPG/PNG.
- The size of the scanned signature should be 50 kb max and the dimension should be 140 px X 60 px. The format of the signature should be JPEG/JPG/PNG.
- The size of the scanned Photo ID proof should not be more than 100 kb. The format of the Photo ID should be JPEG/JPG/PNG.
- The size of the scanned other documents should not be more than 100 kb. The format of the documents should be JPEG/JPG/PNG/PDF.
- The candidates have to submit the caste certificate, PWD certificate or nationality certificate if applicable.
Candidates have to keep a check on the dates for the exam, admit cards and result from their official portal. Candidates have to carry the admit card along with passport size photograph and valid ID Proof during the examination. Note that candidates should enter the correct information while filling the DU PG Application form so as to avoid any mistake on the admit card and the result.