SEED refers to Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design which is conducted by Symbiosis International University. Here we will discuss all about the SEED Exam Info that one needs to know of. The college here offer admission in various courses like Graphic Design (GD), Video Film Design (VFD), Animation Film Design (AFD), User Experience Design (UED), Product Design (PD), Interior Space Design (ISD), Fashion Design (FD) and Fashion Communication (FC).
The mode of exam is online and the type of questions asked are objective types. There are 4 colleges that accept the score of this exam.
This exam judges the students on the basis of general awareness, creative Ability, visualization skills, and designing capability. But this year due to COVID-19 the SEED Exam date have been canceled and the students will be advised on the basis of the portfolio review and personal interaction.
SEED Exam Eligibility
- Any student who has cleared their 12th or 10+3 Diploma from a recognized board or university with passing marks is eligible for this exam.
- Students who are brilliant in their creative skills will be given preference.
SEED Exam Paper Pattern
It is important to know the complete SEED Exam paper pattern to get a better idea of the paper.
There are 3 parts of the SEED entrance exam as below:
i) Design Aptitude ii) Studio Test iii) Personal interview
- The design aptitude test is for 150 marks.
- There are a total number of 150 MCQ type questions and for each correct answer, +1 mark is rewarded.
- The paper duration is for two and a half hours. The questions are based on designing and creativity.
- After qualifying the Design Aptitude test, you have to attend the studio test and a personal interview
- There are no negative markings for any test.
SEED Exam Syllabus
Let's look at the complete SEED Exam Syllabus below.
I) Design Aptitude
The first part of the entrance exam is the design aptitude test. This is an MCQ based test that is for 150 marks for two and a half hours. The important topics of this MCQ test are:
- Visualization: There will be questions based on different geometrical 2D and 3D shapes and some questions on mechanical concepts.
- Observational, perceptual, and reasoning ability: The questions will be based on the situation, events, critical thinking, and reasoning. These topics test the observation skills of the students.
- Creative problem-solving ability: In this, the students need to visualize and relate topics. The questions will be based on situations, you need to resolve the problems.
- Application of basic knowledge of Science and Mathematics: The questions will be based on the topics like Elementary Mathematics, Arithmetic systems, Number system, Chain Rule, Ratio and proportion, Average, HCF/LCM, etc.
- Art, craft, culture, design, and environment: There will be different questions based on topics like people, material, art, craft, design, etc.
II) Studio Test:
This test judges you on the basis of sketching, drawing, and creative skills.
- Body Language
- Material Manipulation
- Audio Visual skills
- Portfolio Making
SEED Exam tips:
To crack the exam in your first attempt, you must follow a good SEED Exam Preparation strategy. Refer to some of the best exam tips below.
- Upgrade your observational and visualization skills
This entrance test assesses your creative and imaginative skills, in addition, the questions are framed in such a way that they test your general awareness, observation, visualization skills. Besides being good at sketching you need to be good at these skills.
- Note making
This exam is all about visual intelligence, if you want to improve your visual intelligence skills then start preparing notes. So whatever you read should be in visual form. For eg let's say read about a dancer, take a screenshot or make a note of it. This will help you revise and revisit those topics again and again and slowly you will see a rise in confidence.
- Don't be afraid to try new things
Explore areas that you may not have thought of. These activities enhance your creativity and you might come up with newer ideas.
- Carry good quality materials
Make sure you carry a good quality of pencils and color. The quality of pencils and colors plays a very important role while sketching and calligraphy.
These are the complete SEED Exam Info that you need to know to prepare better for the exam. We hope you are clear with all the details regarding this exam. Good Luck to all the aspirants!